“Great Food but pricey”
Review of Tony Roma's

Tony Roma's
Reserve with OpenTable
Tony Roma's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #114 of 180 Restaurants in Escazu
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Reviewed 25 July 2016

Yesterday I took friends here for a taste of American food. We started with an Onion Loaf. I asked for an extra sauce and was surprised by a charge of 750 colones for this. They were very pleased with food but shocked at the bill. One friend ordered a Chicken Panini sandwich, another ordered Beef Ribs and I had Florentine Chicken Pasta. We all liked our meal and the rib eater told me these were the best he has had. Additionally, I asked for Parmesan cheese with my pasta and again was surprised by a charge of 850 colones on the bill. The up-charge for sauce and cheese was something I have never seen at a Tony Roma's before. It amounts to an extra $3.00. The total bill was 49,663 colones or $91.80 at current exchange rates.This is a very high price in Costa Rica.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

I live just one block from Tony Roma's and when it opened a few years ago I thought: I am going to be there at least twice a week. Wrong! I have been there five time and all them the food have ranged from horrible to fairly standard. It has always puzzled me how Tony Roma's allows to use their franchise name in such a terrible place. The service is nothing to write about either.

Reviewed 2 June 2016

We chose this place on a whim. We were disappointed with the food and the price of the evening. Probably will not be back.

Reviewed 20 May 2016

Just an average Tony Roma's. Restaurant was a little weathered but clean and the staff was friendly. it would have been nice if the menu had English descriptions like every other restaurant we visited but it didn't prevent us from ordering and forced us to practice our Spanish. Food was as expected. Oven cooked ribs and absolutely the smallest baked potato I have ever seen. Slightly larger than an egg. I could only laugh !!

Reviewed 1 March 2016

I have eaten here three or four times and have always enjoyed the meals and the service. I stay at a hotel fairly close by and walk to this restaurant every time I stay in Escazu. I particularly enjoy the BEEF ribs (as opposed to pork ribs) which very few other restaurants offer especially in my native Nicaragua where I travel from on business to Costa Rica. Service was friendly and the food was good.