“Great food, great service, great place”

History Gastro Lounge
Ranked #10 of 177 Restaurants in Escazu
Description: From Europe to Costa Rica, we bring you the best urban concept of restaurant, coffee break and lounge. History Gastro Lounge brings the best service, atmosphere and state of the art products all fresh from the kitchen to your table. We use the best ingredients from the local and international markets such as Hot Dutch cheese, Red and Black Angus, wild salmon, lamb from New Zealand and many more.
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Went based on reviews and was not disappointed. They have indoor and outdoor seating and we went with the indoor seating as it was a little warm out. Marvin was our server and did an excellent job not only serving but engaging us in some light conversation about craft beers and provided meal suggestions that did not disappoint. I ordered the house brewed golden ale which reminded me of Bell's Oberon with less orange and coriander. My son had the VERY reasonably priced executive lunch special which started with a vegetable and lentil cream soup, an Angus beef burger and fries with lemonade, and cheescake for desert. He liked all of it and I was able to taste everthing as well and can say I would have been very satisfied if I had went with that too. I started with the Fancy Salad(spinach, caramelized walnuts, gorgonzola, pear, crispy prosciutto and a tangy vinagarette) which I really enjoyed. For my entree I went with the charcoal grilled octopus with roasted tomato on a bed of vegetable quinoa. Best octopus dish I have ever eaten(my son even tried it and liked it). I finished with the house special lemon pie desert which was fantastic, as expected, based on previous reviews. If you stick to the executive lunch special you really are getting a fantastic deal for the quality. Large selection of beer and wine with suggested pairings on the menu and I'm sure excellent mixed drinks. Our menu was in English and our server spoke excellent English which is always nice to avoid misunderstandings. Really quality ingredients, attention to detail at every step, nice ambiance, and fair prices all around make this as close to a sure thing as one can expect when dining out.

2  Thank Jake R

Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

Our best meal so far in Costa Rica. Try the special lunch from 12 noon - 3 pm $5.53 col. for appetizer, main course, dessert and lemonade or tea. I had the goat cheese appetizer, hamburger and lemonade. My husband had the pate, lamb goulash and tea. Dessert was a delicious crepe. Sit outside, feel the cool breeze and listen to the water fountain. Food and service were superb!

1  Thank vdeaux
Reviewed 16 June 2016

Had the artesanal beer , small salad with fried cheeses , hamburger, CAS pie and capuchino .
The Hamburger was perfect with bread made with buffalo milk .....excelent quality meat .
Service was attentive and efficient ........
Worth a visit while in San Jose

Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

Our last night in Costa Rica, the kids have gone back to their homes scattered across the USA and we stumble across this place in te pouring rain. The service was stellar and the owner spent time with us, telling us about the "History" of the restaurant. The food was AMAZING!!! Hubby ordered octopus and I ordered the pumpkin and goat cheese ravioli. Then when you think it can't get any better, the owner tells you about the lemon pie...we ended up sharing one there AND taking one home. We will be back! Of you are ever in Escazu this is a must!!!

Reviewed 19 May 2016

A menu masterfully designed by renowed London´s chef William Drabble accomplishes a rare goal: something available for every taste. The selection goes from goulash to lamburger. Sofisticated gourmet creations are prepared from the finest imported ingredients, wild salmon, New Zealand´s lamb, greek goat cheese, calamata olives... the list goes on. The dinner was a memorable experience.

The ambiance conductive to conversation, fine selected live music is played on the background. Impeccable service.