This is still my favorite hotel in San Jose for the following reason:
1. beautiful historic building
2. friendly staff, and helpful for booking tours/travel
3. each room is unique
4. plentiful complimentary CR-style breakfast
The neighborhood is safe, but be aware that once it gets dark there are "ladies of the night" who work in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hemingway Inn is an authentic Spanish mansion in Barrio Amón. Hemingway Inn is a famously photographed building in San José, Costa Rica. Though the city has grown around it, it was originally built as a large hacienda for the family of a wealthy coffee plantation owner in the 1920´s. Though none of the seventeen guest rooms are the same, they all have singles, queen or king beds, WiFi/Wireless Internet, cable television with over 60 channels in English and Spanish, telephone with free calls within Costa Rica (and ability to make international calls with a credit card or charged to your bill).Hemingway Inn is in an excellent location, in the historic quarter of Barrio Amon San José, within easy walking distance of all the museums, great restaurants, the National Theater,Parks, souvenir shopping, banking, the central market and the infamous night life circuit.It will be a pleasure to host you at the Hemingway Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hemingway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hemingway Hotel San Jose
- Hemingway Inn Costa Rica/San Jose