1,476 results
All reviewssleep numbercosta ricaexecutive floorindoor poolhot tubbuffet breakfastroom was largefront desk staffclose to downtowngoldstaxiconferenceconsproscountrydollarsneighborhood
Reviewed 27 July 2018

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Sergio R, Manager at Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Not impressed with this hotel. The reception at check in was not friendly and unhelpful. I was charged more than my reservation and when I asked why she said “I don’t know, extra charges” when I said that I won’t accept to pay for extra charges if they can’t tell me what it is for, she then simply agreed to remove it. It was a small amount, but please check your reservation amount when you check in to be sure it matches up. Reception didn’t explain breakfast location or hours and was unhelpful or seemed annoyed at questions pertaining to hotel ammenities. Indoor pool is actually inside a gold’s gym and you will need to walk through the whole gym with everyone staring uncomfortably. When we got there, we were told there was a class and the pool wouldn’t be available for another hour. I ordered room service pizza with caramelized onions, which is a choice on the menu, and my pizza came with pickled onions instead. Pretty gross to me. The hotel itself was super run down, concrete walls, rooms with no natural light. It’s about a 20 minute walk to downtown San Jose. Don’t waste your money staying here.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Sergio R, Manager at Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear Gabasaurus,

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receiving our best service. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention,

Should you have any concerns arise after your next stay, please reach me out directly, it will be a pleasure to assist you.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

There was a long wait at an understaffed lobby when we checked in. We got in late and there were 3 people at the desk, but they all seemed occupied with a single check in for some time. Our king suite came with a couple of small towels and only a single bath robe. Room service was slow but friendly. We checked out very early and had a cab ready for us.

Room Tip: Make sure your window isn't facing the other hall way, someone saw my junk.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Sergio R, Manager at Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear Joey G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Should you have any concerns arise during or after your next stay, please reach out to any of our employees directly.

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

We started our two week tour at this hotel and it was very nice. Lobby area, pool area and rooms were all very clean. The people at check are n were very nice and helpful. You can walk to a square in Downtown San Jose in the day which we did.
They have a nice pool and hot tub but the water is chilly in both. But it was pleasant to sit in the pool area.
We also had drinks and dinner in the bar area An Imperial beer, a tequila sunrise and chicken fingers. All were very good.
This is a good place to stay before and after your trip.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank PLan977
Sergio R, Manager at Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

Dear PLan977,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your time here, specially your dinning, it is a pleasure to assist you. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

This was my second time to participate in a conference at this hotel. This sprawling hotel is very clean, well managed, convenient for local residents and set up for groups large or small. I was once again pleased with the accommodations, food and service.

Room Tip: The hotel gets lots of truck traffic on the road in the front street. Rooms in the back are very quiet but require more walking.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sergio R, Manager at Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear Bent4161,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the conference, it is a pleasure for us to assist you. We look forward to your next stay.