Lowest prices for your stay
US$85
Hotels.comUS$144
PricelineUS$89
travelup.comUS$109
1,855 results
All reviews el patio costa rica pedestrian street national museum hotel is located the hotel is clean
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 July 2021 via mobile

Conveniently located near banks and businesses in central San José, this property is riddled with problems. Security is an issue due to what appears to be illicit activity at the door of its restaurant “El Patio” as early as breakfast time. The activities were visible all eight days of my stay. The area is desolate and dangerous at night so arrive early. The gym, one of my main reasons for choosing this property, is beyond filthy (during a pandemic!) and most of the equipment is broken. Although the room is confortable, the AC unit is so loud I found it difficult to rest at night. I needed to do work from my room and the wifi was spotty. I complained about all of the above and was met by an unsympathetic and disinterested attitude by management. The laundry service discolored and ruined three new Ralph Lauren Polo Oxford Shirts. Ms María Luisa (laundry staff) kindly tried her best to fix the problem with no success. She said there was a problem with the water tank. When I complained, Ms Yuliana Zúñiga (management) called me by phone and offered me a $16 meal coupon to be used at their restaurant. I tried to explain to her that the shirts cost $300 but was told that was their best offer. After that they would not return my calls and disappeared for the weekend.

Room tip: This area and this property have become unsafe, even during morning hours
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Guido Bernardo L
Reviewed 8 June 2021 via mobile

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at the beginning of our Costa Rica trip. The location is ideal for seeing the main sites of central San Jose. The rooms were spacious and clean with good air conditioning. The restaurant was also clean with good food including a complimentary breakfast. We had rented a car and parking was included also. Staff were friendly and the facilities were secure in the evening. I would stay there again.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jtserio1971
Yuliana Zúñiga, Ventas at Balmoral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2021

Good afternoon

Thank you so much for your kind and detailed review.

We are glad you enjoyed your experience with us.

It was a pleasure to attend you.

Reviewed 28 May 2021 via mobile

Travelling often includes snafus, such as hotel keys that don't work or running out of toiletries. But the staff at this hotel were always accommodating, kind, patient and helpful. The restaurant had excellent food, the rooms were clean and comfortable, and the atmosphere was welcoming and hospitable. I would be happy to visit again.
Special note to Oscar the maintenance man, and Wilbur, who was so kind helping with our Covid testing.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Yuliana Zúñiga, Ventas at Balmoral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2021

Hello Kittytwist

Thank you very much for writing your positive comment after visiting our hotel.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and service.

Reviewed 14 May 2021 via mobile

Great Accommodations for the price. Super location in center of city. El patio restaurant is good. Thanks to Pedro in El Patio, who provided excellent service. Wish the had a swimming pool. Good work our room. Receptionist, Elizabeth was a huge help.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo

Good evening,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed your experience with us.

Reviewed 27 April 2021 via mobile

Good central location downtown. Delicious Costa Rican breakfast included at the hotel restaurant, and convenient spot for pre-dinner drinks. Parking in secure garage. As another reviewer noted, upcharge $23USD for more than one guest in room even if two queen beds.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Good evening,

Thank you very much for writing a positive comment after visiting our establishment.

Glad to hear you enjoyed our food and service.

When the reservation exceeds the number of people as reserved, the person will have an additional cost.