5 people are viewing this hotel
US$189
Free cancellation until 03/02/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$189
Free cancellation until 03/02/22
Trip.com
US$164
PricelineUS$189
Hotels.comUS$189
eDreamsUS$189
2,119 results
All reviews beautiful hotel one night costa rica boutique hotel our honeymoon colonial style long flight comfortable rooms fountain jacuzzi tubs mansion neighborhood arenal
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 November 2021

We stayed in the Vista de Oro suite which was very nice. There are some stairs required to get to the room but it is a spacious room with some skyline views. The best part about the Grano is their focus on the customer. The hotel was very accommodating on our reservation as we had some travel difficulties. They were rigorous about the Covid protocols (mask wearing, temperature checks, hand washing) like most of the places we stayed in CR this trip. The reception desk is staffed by English speaking people with great attitudes.
We also had dinner at the restaurant and it was very nice. They have an extensive wine list and great food to match. We dined at the Oro two years ago and recognized some of the waiters from then--so they have experienced people working in the restaurant which I appreciate. We will definitely stay at the Oro again.

Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed 21 September 2021

My wife and I stayed here 2 nights before we flew back to the USA. Nice place. Very comfortable. Best food we has in 3 weeks in Costa Rica. Front desk friendly and helpful. In room covid 19 test at the hotel. Inexpensive private transfer to the airport. We stayed 5 star all three weeks. This on is 5 star too. Thanks.

Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 12 August 2021

A truly top-notch hotel. The rooms are comfortable (no suites that I'm aware of) and the restaurant is wonderful with an excellent menu and enormous wine list. Excellent service. The best place in San Jose to my mind.

Date of stay: February 2021
1  Thank DrydenTexas
Reviewed 11 August 2021 via mobile

A wonderful building and very comfortable room. Rooms are not as luxurious as the rest of the hotel but they are good for a short stay. The jacuzzi in the deck are nice for a moment with your family (book it in advance a s it is only for you). The restaurant is delicious.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2021 via mobile

Stayed here for a night before and after our exploration of Costa Rica - it appears many guests do this to make flying in and out less hectic. The hotel is beautiful, the beds are very comfortable, and our sleep was undisturbed. The staff were very welcoming - for example, they were kind enough to store some gear for us between our stays. On our return, I had suffered a bit of a zip lining injury and they made sure I had plenty of ice packs to aid my recovery! The restaurant is high end - dinner may seem expensive to some. Our rate included breakfast (which had a fine selection and modest prices). I will gladly look forward to staying here again. The only downside, if I looked hard for one, is the rooms are a bit “New York City’ sized and the neighborhood is not terribly walkable - but again, if you are just crashing here to relax before your international flight after a week of hiking the Osa Peninsula or similar, these are not problems. The calm, quiet, professional care more than make up for it!

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple