US$110
US$66
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$83/night.

US$94
Hotels.com
Autentico Hotel(San Jose)
US$63
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$82/night.

Balmoral Hotel(San Jose)
US$91
US$80
US$105
US$82
US$135
Aldea San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$45
US$39
  • Restaurant
Apartotel La Perla(San Jose)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$45
Alda's Place(San Jose)
Agoda.com
All reviewsgay travelerscosta ricanice poolhome away from homeclean roomssmall hotelmanuel antonioairportdowntownneighborhoodguesthouse
Reviewed 11 January 2016

My wife and I picked this hotel looking for something different, quaint, and friendly. We had never before known of such a place, much less stayed in one, but it met our expectations. Everyone we met was outgoing, kind and social and we never felt out of place. The rating is based on the facilities, which are average. While the food was really quite good and the room was clean and neat, one morning water from the shower was at a trickle and the room lighting was a bit dark. Front desk staff were very helpful as our Spanish is limited. It is a bit remote from anything touristy. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2016
Karla I, Owner at Colours Oasis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2016

Thank you for staying with us. We are currently under renovation of some areas of the hotel. We actually have some darker rooms and some others brighter. We would have loved to change your room for one with some more light. We are glad to have met your expectations. Warm regards!

Reviewed 6 January 2016

Rooms are very small. We had picked a room specifically because it had air conditioning. The air conditioner barely worked and was so noisy that we could update barely stay in the room with it on. Balcony was encased in a steel bar cage. Tiles in the balcony were all broken and furniture looked like it might have been new in 1943. Hotel is situated in mostly a residential area with limited services near by. My lap top had a screen bigger than the TV in our room. Rooms were not made up until late in the day.

Wifi is free but doesn't really work unless you sit in the restaurant area.

The only ice machine in the hotel broke down and guests were expected to buy their own from a nearby store. We put the ice in the hotel ice machine to keep it frozen and the bar manager decided to use our ice to make drinks for other patrons without asking.

One of our friends had a back pack stolen with his passport and iPad. Keep your things locked up if you decide to stay here.

Chairs on the sun deck are painted a dark brown that absorbs the heat of the sun t the point that they are too hot to even use.

Restaurant service is VERY slow. Restaurant staff do not speak English. We had made a reservation in the restaurant for New Year's Eve. Reservation was lost.

We purchased breakfast one morning. Took an hour to make pancakes and the pineapple on the fruit plate came out of a can.

Overall a very unsatisfactory experience. Don't stay here!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are small
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends

It's a shame you had such an inconvenient stay with us. We work very hard every day to satisfy our guests, but unfortunately we didn't meet your expectations. I would like to speak to you over the phone to see if there is a chance for us to prove we are improving every day to make our customers happy. Please send me your contact information at kibarrar@yahoo.com.

Reviewed 31 December 2015

My husband and I wanted our first visit to Costa Rica to be special and we found Colours resort online. We did our research and contacted them via email. We made an eight day vacation plan entirely through Colours. Thanks to the help their team we had an amazing first impression of CR. We were met at the airport and trasported to the hotel. It was cool and clean and safe. Our flight came in early but the manage gave us a room ahead of time. The pool looked refreshing. The restaurant was newly remodeled and looked nice.

Our room was big and quite comfortable. I think we got an upgrade because this was a much nicer room then I expected. The bed was big and comfortable. The shower was even bigger and everything worked well. We could live within the wall of the resort and never have to leave. Breakfast was supplied each morning with fresh local fruit and excellent coffee. We met other guests and friendly staff while drinking by the pool. Everyone helped us by answering questions, translating, or making recommendations on food and entertainment. We chose to visit the pacific coast for a few days then return to Colour Resort before our flight home, It was absolutely the best decision for us because it made the trip so easy and comfortable. We feel like we made new friends at this hotel. We hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zen G

Wonderful!! This is exactly what we like to provide our guests, a memorable stay and a nice property to enjoy We hope to have you back soon. Warm regards from beautiful Costa Rica.

Reviewed 21 November 2015

This small hotel is located in a neighborhood in San Jose and was everything I could want and more. It was quiet and secure. The rooms are more than adequate and the bathroom in my room (#18) was all I could hope for and then some! The staff was always helpful and I must especially mention Liz, who was willing, able and efficient at taking care of all of my requests, especially for booking tours. There was some major construction going on while I stayed, which didn't bother me, since I was away from the hotel during the day. I've since seen photos of the newly refurbished restaurant and must say it looks beautiful! I'm looking forward to my next stay there so that I might enjoy eating there. I will, without reservation, stay at Colours Oasis whenever I am in San Jose.

Room Tip: 13 was a bit small 18 was nearly perfect
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank DanManDFW

Thank you for staying at Colours Oasis Resort. We will be more than happy to have you back. The restaurant looks beautiful now. Best regards!

Reviewed 21 November 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and did read good things about this hotel. The staff was friendly but the room was very dissapointing. Dark, small and desparely in need of an update. The breakfast was ok no more no less. So no the best place we've stayed in

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bartjejans

We are sorry to have disappointed you. Some rooms are a little bit darker and some others a little brighter. We should have informed you about the rooms lighting upon your check in. Also, the property is currently under renovation. We totally agree with you on the update of the rooms and amenities. Hotels, in general, need to renovate every so often. We would love to have you back. Please check our website, so you can see our daily improvement. Best regards from sunny Costa Rica.