2 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$87
PricelineUS$87
eDreamsUS$99
1,877 results
All reviews costa rica nice hotel minute walk room key breakfast buffet la sabana park nice room hotel restaurant pollo central market fresh fruit gym airport uber
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 November 2021 via mobile

Ok hotel, clean rooms and spacious etc. But just not good value for money by Cost Rican standards

After 21 nights in Costa Rica in many different hotels, this was by far the most expensive but with the worst amenities. Poor pool area, it’s on the third floor and the surrounding buildings block the sun

Air condition in the room very poor, especially given the price

Room tip: Much better value can be found elsewhere
Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2021 via mobile

What a wonderful hotel. We spent two nights there before going on a tour. The staff is extremely courteous, friendly, and went out of their way to help us.

The room is large and comfortable. The WiFi was very good.

There was a hot breakfast buffet, which the staff served. There was a lot of variety in the offerings, including multiple types of fruit, meat sauce, rice and beans, scrambled eggs, cheese, and toast.

The outdoor pool and warm tub had a protected area for sitting in case it rains and you just want to be outside. There were some lounge chairs as well as some tables. The pool area was beautifully landscaped.

We also used the gym, which was very well equipped with free weights, treadmills, cycle, and benches.

The location is walking distance from La Sabana Park, the free art museum, and restaurants.

We were very happy to be at this hotel for two days and would return if in the area again.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2021

We arrived late afternoon into San Jose and after getting our car rental arrived at the hotel. Check-in was easy and friendly. Room was spacious and clean. The front desk person gave us a great restaurant location waling distance from the hotel. The price was right. We were a short drive to central San Jose.

Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank aekrfk
Reviewed 2 August 2021

Good location for visiting the town on foot. We had a big room on the 12th floor (1209) but internet was not good and you have to call and ask for water bottles. Guys at the reception were perfect (thank you Victor and Mario) and couldn't do enough for you, spoke very good English as well (which was a blessing as our Spanish is quite basic), made us reservations at a nearby restaurant, gave us directions, organised our covid test in the room. Enjoyed the hotel mostly, but think the breakfast could be much much better.I asked for a pear from the bowl but they told me it was plastic and only for decorative purposes. Half an hour later a plate of bananas suddenly appears (somebody's brain started working). You ask for decaf coffee and they say there isn't any, you insist, then there is, the next day same scenario, no we don't have any, I will ask, oh yes here it is... It really is almost like having breakfast in a prison. Your day starts with a struggle. You have to ASK for yoghurt, the cereal dispenser is empty... On the second day the bread rolls were clearly left over from the day before or the day before that because they were dry and almost impossible to cut into. The lady serves you bits of fruit as if they are made of pure gold. I complained but the food and beverage manager wasn't there and neither was the general manager. Sorry Radisson. This is not what we are used to from a hotel with your name on it.

Room tip: 1209 but poor internet connection
Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank Gino V
Reviewed 27 July 2021 via mobile

I used this location as a home base when traveling for some dental work. We stayed here during the week as our “headquarters” hotel and was easy to get in and out of the city for weekend tours to La Fortuna and Manuel Antonio.
During my appointments my nephew was able to walk the market and have good, inexpensive lunches at the local Sodas, and visit La Sabana park (the Central Park of this area - very large - it used to be their airport once upon a time). Several museums are also easily walkable near the market and the art museum is located in La Sabana Park. If visiting for work or dental, your travel companions will have plenty to do nearby.
The pool here at the hotel is also very nice and the breakfast in the mornings is consistently good. They change it up a little bit each day so it doesn’t get stale, and Jose even have us a few different things out of the kitchen so we wouldn’t get bored with the same foods. The staff here was thoughtful and friendly. Byron, the front desk manager, was patient with my many emails and questions ahead of our stay, and helped book transportation that was safe and reliable/on time for our tours and airport transfers.
We made friends with Alexandro and Jose through our dinners in the bar area where they provided us with Spanish lessons and helped us with local information. We enjoyed getting to know them and hearing about their experiences and backgrounds. They and the entire staff here at the Park Inn are salt off the earth; good and kind.
Even on the national holiday that we were here during, they took great care of us here as we made this our bone away from home during 6 of our 11 nights in CR.
I wold book here again for: reliable & fast Internet, super clean rooms and common areas, nice pool and workout facilities, laundry service, delicious food with the included breakfasts and the dinners they made special for me because of my dental work and vegetarian, gluten free dietary restrictions. The biggest reason I would stay here again is for the people. They made us feel welcomed and cared for.
The only note of caution I would give here is that currently because of a national rise of petty crimes due to Covid unemployment, I would uber if going out at night. That’s a shame, because two and half years ago I stayed in the same area and felt perfectly safe at all times. That is no fault of the hotel at all, so I’m not taking anything away from them on it, but to be fair I want to mention this especially since a lot of dental patients from around the world stay in this area. Just use common sense. You can be assured the hotel itself is very safe and there is always a person at the door to make sure you are a guest of the hotel to gain entrance. They also greet you each time you exit and enter and seem to keep track of you in a non-invasive way. We felt very safe in the hotel itself snd in the common areas.

Room tip: Free parking in controlled/access garage below the building. Your rental car is safe here. and no cost for parking.
Date of stay: July 2021