Lowest prices for your stay
US$115
Free cancellation until 05/02/22
Hotels.com
US$115
Free cancellation until 05/02/22
US$87
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$97
TravelocityUS$115
eDreamsUS$87
All reviews professional massage fourth floor the hotel manager barrio amon the general manager american breakfast roulette internet bugs costa cab neighborhood
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2021

This hotel is NOT for families or couples, it is for single people. Think of it as a vintage Las Vegas hotel. If you understand that, then you will make the right choice. And I feel the hotel does a very good job indicating who its target customers are. It has a small casino, (2) bars (that get fairly loud), and a LOT of working girls. When I checked in I was told it was only a small charge to take each lady to my room, so that tells you the focus point here. As that was not my intention, I simply told him it would not be necessary in my case. But I can tell you that the environment is very professionally managed, and I feel most of the staff are very good. They control the environment well! It is very safe, and no one will approach you inside the hotel unless you wish it. So do not worry about the anyone there being a problem. I found the whole experience entertaining, as I love to “people watch”. As for the rooms, I found mine to be generally nice, though there were carpet stains, broken hardware, etc. Bed was a bit firm for me, but the pillows were fantastic! I always check my rooms well and found no insect issues. However, when I asked the room attendant (whom was VERY rude) for toilet paper, I found several bugs inside both rolls! Luckily I was able to kill them all before they got loose! Much to my surprise, I found the Italian restaurant food was very good and affordable. The Fettuccine was the best I’d ever had! Was so sad I tried it only on my last night. Also tried their “Massage Spa” (which is not a spa but a room with a massage table) and found the room was very nice and the woman very professional. However, the table is a VERY cheap and uncomfortable one, and the woman was massaging me while checking her phone several times. She also cut the hour down to less than 50 minutes - not good. But I was the last client of the day at 4pm, so she was likely tired, thus I understood. I was only there for (3) days and found the location convenient to the center. The area isn’t the best, but it also is not that bad. You may sometimes be bothered by beggars and such, but not often, and you will always be safe here. Again, just know what to expect. The last thing I want to say is that the place is noisy during the night! I was put on the 4th (top) floor, as I believe the management tries their best to give customers a great experience and the top floor is the farthest from the partying in the bars. Problem is that those party people go back and forth to their rooms and they are generally NOT considerate like the hotel staff. And there is a lot of traffic noise outside also. So sleeping will be a challenge for most. I used earplugs every night or I wouldn’t have slept at all. It’s unavoidable in that environment, so be warned! Would I return? Not likely, but only because of the noise. It is a nice hotel and many people will love it there. I feel the owners and staff are doing their best, and their best is pretty good!

Date of stay: August 2021
2  Thank RDG66
Reviewed 27 August 2021

My stay in August was my first at Taormina, although I had been to the casino in the past. I do not know why people lie on these reviews, besides having a stick up their ___.

The rooms are NOT worn out, they are in great shape. I opted to rent a suite, (#411) which had a living room area with a guest bathroom, and a master bedroom with a private bathroom. The bed was very comfortable, the furniture was classy and clean, and the bathrooms functioned well and were very clean. I also saw my buddies "superior" room which was also very nice (No living room).

I scheduled my return Covid test for Monday afternoon at 2pm and the front desk called me at 2pm to say that the nurse was on her way up. $50 and 2 hours later, my results were emailed to me. The hotel manager also printed out a hard copy for me, which he surprised me with at check-out.

The free breakfast was NOT two pieces of toast and fruit. You can choose from an American or Tipical Costa Rican breakfast. My american breakfast was Juice or coffee, fresh fruit, 2 eggs, hash brown, crispy bacon and toast. There were also extras (pancakes, waffles, etc) that you could order.

The casino has slots and table games, (Roulette, blackjack, and others) and the sports bar has video gambling (Roulette and blackjack) too. The sports bar is empty during the day, but after 5pm the chica's start arriving. It's nothing too intimidating, and you can easily find a love affair for the evening if you so choose. The casino stays open later than the Covid curfew if you are staying at the hotel.

The area around Taormina was safe for exploring during the day and was only a few blocks away from the main city center. Room service was great - Same menu as sportsbar and restaurant downstairs, but they also will bring you beers, drinks and shots as well. The prices were not more expensive and there was no service charge. The Wifi was great, I had multiple devices connected at all times with no issue.

I did not see anyone having a bad experience at Taormina. All the guests were very friendly and we all spoke together at breakfast. My agent Elizabeth made all the reservations for me, including the Covid test. She got me the suite, got me a nice airport transfer, offered tour info, and even got the hotel to put a stand-up fan in my room for nighttime use. Elizabeth - 506 8742 3796 Whatsapp

The General Manager (Sorry, I forgot his name) was on-site to say hello everyday. His front desk manager saw me waiting at the front door for the rain to slow down, and he came over with his personal umbrella to loan me to go outside. The front door guy checks everyone's temperature upon entering, and he will get you a cab if asked.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough. If you are a single guy, or couple with no children, this hotel and casino is clean, safe and comfy. Families might want to consider the evening "scene" before booking. But to be clear, there is nothing crazy like nudity or fighting going on. There are just a bunch of ladies dressed sexy in the private sportsbar (There are frosted windows).....which your kids shouldn't be in anyways.

Room tip: 3rd floor and higher are quieter.
Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank Rob L
Reviewed 8 July 2021

I so enjoy coming to the Taormino and being in a luxurious room with a king bed, nice furniture , great coffee maker, endless hot showers , big views of the city ,
and generally very quiet atmosphere up on the fourth floor.
This in contrast to living out on my farm in Southern Costa Rica or staying at modest hotels in beach towns and other tourist spots where things are decent but always a little simple. The Taormino feels modern and brings me back to civilization.
The neighborhood is Barrio Amon and has a lot of colorful architecture and nice buildings from the last century . Very nearby is the zoo and several hectares of old forest right in the middle of the city . Exploring on foot is nice and felt quite safe to me in the daytime.
Ten blocks away and your in the heart of downtown with the big pedestrian streets and various tourist destinations : The Gold Museum , The Theatre , etc.
I dont do casinos but they do have a small one there with lots of games.and the food looks really good there. The bar at the casino is populated with ladies of the night if you are looking for company.
There is a professional massage service during the day that can come to your room for a very reasonable price : $40-$60 for an hour plus.
The restaraunt -cafe is nice and totally open to the street which can be noisy at times.
Its a nice hotel and strategically located for tourism.

Room tip: 4th floor has some views.
Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 30 April 2021

What a negative experience! We chose to stay at Taormina hotel after disregarding several comparable hotels because they advertised on location Covid testing assistance within 24 hours. It was extremely important for us to get this test in this timeframe to be able to make our flight. Upon arrival right away we found out that the testing wouldn’t be at the hotel because it was a weekend and the staff created doubt as to whether it would be done within the 24 hour timeframe. None of this was disclosed to us and was the exact opposite of what they advertised. In the morning we asked reception again for the timeframe and assistance, we got no help and a very defensive demeanour. When calling the clinic ourselves we were told that they could not do it within 24 hours. This news created so much stress for us all because we had relied on the information that the hotel blatantly advertised. We had to undertake extreme and expensive measures to make sure we could still get a test done elsewhere on time to make our flight. The hotel offered no assistance. Besides the deceitfulness of the hotel the staff also lied to cover up and tried to shift the blame to us. However, overall I think the worst part was just the total and complete lack of empathy. They made it clear that had we not made our flight we could expect no help, compensation or even a sliver of recognition of their part in our situation.
Besides the unfriendly reception staff the hotel has a strange atmosphere and transforms into a sex tourism destination in the evenings. And finally the cherry on top 'the free' breakfast is 2 slices of toast and some fruit. Thinking back of my stay I am still baffled by the treatment we received at this hotel. I would strongly recommend that you NEVER STAY HERE and seek out a hotel were you are not lied to and treated like a customer with some form of mutual respect.

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank Ana4210
Reviewed 3 March 2021 via mobile

Stayed at Taormina for 5 nights during my Costa Rica trip. The pros: location and friendly service. The cons: noisy (it has a casino + other stuff lol), worn out rooms, unstable internet and mediocre breakfast (stayed at Park Inn before for the same $ amount and their breakfast is really great).

Date of stay: February 2021