“Great View, Great food, Great service”
Review of La Adelita

La Adelita
Ranked #573 of 760 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 23 July 2017

We know good Mexican food and we had guacamole and beef volcanoes and chorizo and chicken tacos, and they were fabulous

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I can't believe the bad reviews. Went first time today with a friend for Sunday lunch.

The views are spectacular, the restaurant is beautiful, the service with friends and efficient and helpful.

The food was excellent, I had tacos with fried tortillas, and fried cheese on the top filled with steak and beans and cheese, it was delicious and large portion, the meat was delicious and tender.

I highly recommend this place. Parking is a little tricky, but worth it.

Very reasonable prices by CR standards.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

There was one other couple in the entire place and our table of 4. We ordered. They brought three plates out. We waited and waited and waited for the 4th plate. I finally saw the cool at the bar. They forgot the 4th plate. We were all done eating by the time they brought the 4th plate. Asked for water multiple times before they refilled our cups. Food vey tasteless too. And they had no guacamole....kind of a staple of a Mexican restaurant.

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Let's admit that the place have a very good view, a nice menu of Mexican food however service if bad (time it took) as well as the time waiter took to bring any request (this is the second time we visit the place and took 3 times to ask once and again to get something as si old as hot sauce plus 15 minutes which it's absurd)

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Worst customer service. I got to the restaurant in Santa Ana, Alto de las Palomas road, at at 4ish on Sun 3/19. I waited to be seated for like 4 mins, 4 staff members went by, looked over and did not help. Finally an angry lady came over and asked for my name and sat us down (even though there was no waiting list). Then we had to wait for about 7 mins to get menus and ordered drinks. The waiter came back saying they did not have one of the drinks we ordered, so we changed it. when he was taking our food order he saw a peer serving food at another table (probably making a mistake), and yelled: Maaaaeee nooo!! and walked away from our table without even apologizing or asking for a few mins. 5 mins later he comes and goes to the cashier, not even to our table, so I got up and asked him to cancel my order because I was leaving. He said: yes con gusto, but why are you leaving? I said, because you yelled to a peer from our table and walked away while taking our order, he said oh that was nothing I just had to step away to serve some tacos!!. So I left thru the main door and then now all the staff was chasing me asking what happened, I explained what happened, they offered me to speak with the manager (I believe the manager was the angry lady that greeted us initially), and I said no, he then asked to stay and order food at no charge, but I did not even feel like eating there anymore. I would not recommend this place just because of the service, never got to taste the food, and probably was good as I've read and heard good comments, but if you are not getting decent service, then is not worth trying it.