“An excellent welcome and farewell to our Costa Rican Adventure!”
Review of Adventure Inn

Adventure Inn
Ranked #2 of 78 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 February 2010

Dealing with the staff at the Adventure Inn was a fabulous experience. They really made us feel special, and assisted us and our friends (who were not even guests there) by allowing them to sleep in a side room for four hours while waiting for our flight to arrive! When our flights were continually cancelled and we had many difficulties getting to San Jose, they helped us by leaving messages for our friends who were not even guests there, and cancelling our car reservation, etc. They accommodated our needs in so many extra ways that I have never seen a hotel do in all of my years of traveling around the U.S. and the world. The rooms were immaculate, and the location was convenient and in a very safe part of San Jose. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting Costa Rica!!

Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Worldismyoyster38
Write a ReviewReviews (2,513)

Reviewed 24 February 2010

We stayed at Adventure Inn as a stopover before and after our trip to the Osa Peninsula. It is a good, clean hotel and the price is good for the facilities. They did pay our taxi to and from the San Jose airport and is centrally located short ride between both the international airport and the domestic Nature Air airport.

I felt the front desk staff (to include the security guards) to be efficient, pleasant and generously provided helpful hints and information upon arrival and departure for both stays. I cannot say the same about the restaurant staff. Perhaps it was off days or times of the day, but staff was hard to locate to order something to drink or eat and I watched 3 other parties in the restaurant being equally ignored. Do yourself a favor and take the 5-10 minute walk down to the AM/PM (Small grocery and liquor store). They have a fresh bakery that had some really good pastries and breads. We also went to the Pizza place next to the store and it was good, highly recommend it.

Since it was a stopover, we did not use them for any tours, but during both visits in the morning they had a few different groups of people heading out on tours and it seemed to be organized and running smoothly.

I would stay here again as a stopover point when heading to somewhere else, but not as a long term stay, only because of the restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carley3623
Reviewed 22 February 2010

In late Jan we stayed at Adventure Inn - we arrived late from London. Next morning at 6-30am we were collected by bus to go to Turtle Lodge and we also stayed there on the night we returned. (3 nights later)
The reports on TA sounded too good to be true but I can assure you that it was an excellent place to stay. I should say it is about half way between the airport & down town San Jose.
Rooms were of good quality and our taxi fare was paid from the airport and they do breakfast from 6am.
We hired our van thro' Adventure Inn as I felt it would be better than dealing direct. We had a good rate and although we did have a technical problem Mike Robinson the owner got it all put right without me contacting the hire company.
Mike is very proud of his reputation and I felt all the staff worked hard at Adventure Inn to maintain good service & customer relations
C in Kent UK

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2010

I highly recommend this hotel to all flying in and out of San Jose. It is within convenient proximity to the airport. They set up and provide free transfers by means of a taxi (van or car) service. It is the best value that I found in CR. They are planning to put in a pool but have a hot tub right now. I found the housekeeping staff to be exceptionally thorough in cleaning the rooms and other areas. (even taking down the plants and cleaning them) They did a better job than the expensive resort that we stayed at. There were no bugs anywhere. The rooms are good size. The furnishings are modest. Not luxurious but well taken care of. The linens were clean and in good condition. Other places we stayed at had old worn out towels even though we paid more to stay there. We were happy that there was hot water not only in the shower but also in the sink. They provided toiletries and even a kleenex tissue pack. They have several computers with internet service available free of charge in a sitting room. Their laundry service is very good and economical. It was $12 to wash, fold and iron a plastic hotel size laundry bag stuffed full of clothes. I gave 2 bags to the housekeeper at 12:00pm and by 4:30pm it was all neatly folded on my bed. They hung up the pressed shirts. It was great not to come home with dirty laundry! The buffet breakfast was a good start to the day. The food was good. It is in a safe area and they have security guards. It is next to a nice residential neighborhood. It is a 20 minute walk to a modern 3 story mall with a cinema. A 10 minute walk to a little plaza with a grocery store and a nice little pizza place. On the way to the mall there is a big souvenir shop. I think it is called the Campasino Souvenir shop. It is huge. 2 stories. It sells every souvenir that you will see throughout the country at either the same price or lower. Across from it is an Italian restaurant-which has good food but is priced like any city in the US.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2010

I found the Adventure Inn on tripadvisor and am so happy I did. It was our first time visiting C. Rica. We prefer something other than the tour bus/cookie cutter vacation. Mike and Eric put together a package for four of us for twelved days. We did day tours out from the Adventure Inn and the remaining days were seeing other parts of the country. It was a "no stress" vacation, and we would all do it again in a heartbeat. Mike and Eric are great to work with. I highly recommend this hotel and their expertise.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends