All reviewsnational stadiumla sabanarooftop poolcosta ricagreat hotelfootball stadiummodern hotelbusiness hotelfront desk staffbreakfast was deliciouspleasant staywalking distancehotel restaurantrooms are spaciousgrocery storeclose to the airportlast night
Reviewed 4 April 2017

We spent our first night in CR at this hotel. Upon arrival, our reservation seemed to be missing. The manager quickly took care of us and was very polite. While we were at the desk, the bell hop took our children out on the balcony so they could see the city lights. He also gave them each a cookie, much to their delight. Our room was quiet and spacious. Beds were comfy. The entire hotel looks very new and is very modern. We had time to spare, so we took the kids to the rooftop pool. Despite being a warm day, the pool was very cold. The views from the pool are incredible. Nice gym, although we didnt use it. Breakfast was included, and there was a good mix of items. We also walked across the street to a nice little store on the corner, Fresh Market, for some drinks and snacks.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
LDSJO, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hilton Garden Inn San Jose la Sabana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying at Hilton Garden Inn San José La Sabana and for your comments. We are glad to know you found quiet and spacious rooms. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

Great hotel. Location can't be beat. The staff is friendly and professional. The hotel is spotless. The rooms are nice sized, again very clean and quiet. Beds are super comfortable. If you are visiting San Jose stay here. Wifi is also good too!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo

Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying at Hilton Garden Inn San José La Sabana and for your comments. We are glad to know you found frindly and professional staff. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

This hotel is centrally located and very nice. The breakfast was very nice- more than just pastries. Visitors are also able to special orders with advance notice to the chef for no additional charge. It was a very good breakfast. Visitors are able to walk to restaurants and a small store. It was relatively quiet for being in the middle of town. A very good choice!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying at Hilton Garden Inn San José La Sabana and for your comments. We are glad to know you found the hotel centrally located and a very nice breakfast. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed our first night of our two week vacation here. We arrived late at night and it was quite a trek from the airport due to traffic. The hotel was nice and clean but rooms were very small. Due to strong winds, we couldn't use the pool but the view from the pool area was spectacular. Overall, a nice and clean hotel but I loved the Doubletree by Hilton by the airport a lot better for similar pricing.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying at Hilton Garden Inn San José La Sabana and for your comments. We are glad to know you found the hotel nice and clean. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

My husband and I stayed at this hotel from March 17 to 21. I believe we stayed in room 1607.

Our taxi driver (arranged through the hotel) was waiting for us when we landed in San Jose. He was very professional and courteous.

We received an early check-in and this was very much appreciated. We realize this totally depends on the previous guest and their check-out time but nevertheless, it was very nice to not have to wait around.

Our room was facing the mountains so needless to say, the view was great. The room was modern, clean, and comfortable. We did request hypo-allergenic bed sheets prior to the arrival and seeing how I didn't break out into a rash, the hotel honoured this request. This is very important to me so I'm very pleased.

There was a safe in the room, which is essential for us when traveling. As well, there was an iron and ironing board (also very important). The ironing board was pretty small but it did the trick.

We also had an amazing view of the mountains from the breakfast area. It's a great place to start the day. We really LOVED the fact that breakfast started at 6 a.m. It was early enough that we had time for a quick breakfast before being picked up for our day trips.

Breakfast was delicious and as a vegan, I have to say that there were enough options available that I felt full after eating. I was able to eat the rice and beans (very popular in Costa Rica), the fried plantains (delicious), the potatoes or hashbrowns, and the fresh fruits. I also enjoyed a delicious glass of soy milk each day. We found out one morning that potatoes aren't served daily but when we asked about it at the front desk, the hotel made sure to have potatoes ready the next day. The following day, we requested hashbrowns during breakfast and they were made ready-to-order. That was a nice touch! The only thing that would have made breakfast better is if vegan bread were offered (especially cinnamon raisin bread) and vegan butter.

I really like that the hotel part of the building starts on the seventh floor. The floors below are offices. This means that no matter which floor you are staying on, it feels very secure. Not that this was ever an issue as the street the hotel is on is very safe. We actually walked about 1.7 km to a restaurant and then back (twice). For anyone walking on the street, there is a mall named Plaza Mayor nearby that includes a large grocery store.

I ended up injuring my foot pretty badly on one of our day trips and when we returned, the front desk staff were kind enough to give me medical tape. The next day, I had to go to the hospital for X-rays. The staff were extremely helpful with explaining what kind of hospitals we can go to (private or public), called the taxi for us, and gave the driver instructions on where to take us.

When we woke up on our last day, we found an envelope under the door offering us the option of an express check-out. We really appreciated this because we had the chance to review the cost ahead of time.

The only slight downfall of this hotel is that it's close to a large stadium and one evening, there was some kind of event there and it was loud. However, we were tired from our day and fell asleep easily. It didn't bother my husband at all. I'm the light sleeper.

A big shout-out to the guy from Calgary who works there. :-)

I would have no hesitation about staying at this hotel again but next time, I would request a room on the other side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room not facing the stadium (although the mountain views are great).
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying at Hilton Garden Inn San Jose La Sabana and for sharing your experience with us. We are very happy to know that you found delicisous breakfast and kind staff. We look forward to your return.