“Oldest BBQ in Town”

Ranked #65 of 730 Restaurants in San Jose
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 December 2017

This is the oldest BBQ restaurant in town. Located on the way to Escazú, west of San José.
Very good food, good service, average prices,
Try the Platanos Maduros as a side disch and frijoles molidos. Or perhaps you will love the yuca.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We went there for a couple's night with my wife. The service was good, hence the one star. We ordered an appetizer and two stakes. Mine was 16oz T-bone stake and hers was a 12oz churrasco. Both came looking the same size, the meat was so cold that the butter I smeared on top never melted. Meat was not trimmed correctly and was so chewwy and hard. We had one slice of cheese cake to share and paid over $120. Never paying money for a dinner hurt so much. That's it, one more good old restaurant scratched of my list. Never again.

1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 16 August 2017

After visiting Los Anonos for almost 20 years we've decided to celebrate mothers day there.
Unfortunately i have to say that this was the worst dinner we ever had at that place.
The tenderloin was raw and we asked 2 times to get it fixed, ending up with a non eatable mix of sauce and cut meat
My daughter had BBQ ribs, whcih where so hard that it was almost impossible to cut through it.
The waitress was very unprofessional and rude, throwing the plates on the table like it was a cheap fast food place.
We certainly will not go to this place again, for me its a shame to see how a restaurant whihc was so good changed into such a horrible experience

1  Thank Uwe K
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I have been there since I was 10 years old. Its a very consistent and good steakhouse. The cabbages salad is an all time classic.

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Came here with the family. We all had different kinds of meat. We left all stuffed with the amount of food we ate. The food and service were very good. The place is very spacious so you don't feel crowded even though the parking is a little cramped.