Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Escazu
Holiday Inn San Jose-Escazu(San Rafael de Escazu)
US$103
US$88
US$169
Apartotel & Suites Villas del Rio(San Rafael de Escazu)
US$95
US$92
Aparthotel Casa Reflejos(San Rafael de Escazu)(Great Value!)
US$59
Casa Laurin B&B(San Rafael de Escazu)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$64
Ester's Place(San Rafael de Escazu)
Hotel Dream House Escazu(San Rafael de Escazu)(Great Value!)
Wyndham Garden San Jose Escazu(Escazu)(Great Value!)
US$84
Posada El Quijote(Escazu)(Great Value!)
US$75
Casa de las Tias(San Rafael de Escazu)
Hotels.com
All reviewsfront desksan josecosta ricaoutback steakhousestrip mallwalking distancefree shuttlebusiness tripexcellent hotelat homebreakfast buffetlarge mallspecial thanksbusiness hoteltaxi serviceenjoy your staylots of restaurants
Reviewed 16 December 2017

The hotel is next to the freeway, and is right across from the Multiplaza Mall; and Avenida Escazu, which is the Beverly Hills neighborhood of CR. We cashed in on a Marriott Rewards point, so this was free for me. We did not, however; get a free breakfast @ Courtyard which is weird, but ok. The room is standard Courtyard Marriott fare, but roomy and has character. We have a view of the trees. We only stayed for one night, as we are just passing through to get to the Pacific side from spending a few days on the Caribbean side.

The staff spoke good English, are nice, and gave me a 10% discount for breakfast but I never got to use it. We went to buy some cohibas across the street at the mall, and we got hungry and ate bad Costa Rican mall food. We should have just ate at one of the restaurants at the strip mall across from the hotel, on the same side of the freeway.

My Marriott status gave me free internet.

There's a ton of Americans who stay here since it's in Escazu, and it's an American chain. If you're used to Marriott's clean and predictable hotel, this Courtyard is good.

We only stayed for one night since we need to head out to Manuel Antonio, but this hotel is a good choice for anyone. It's 17 miles from the airport so it's not a bad choice to stay for an early flight, but keep in mind that traffic can be terrible in CR, so give yourself a lot of time.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2017

This hotel is new and very nice, it is what I would call a 'travel hotel' very nice very comfortable but not a resort.
Very well located property far enough from the airport to be quiet but still extremely easy access to the airport without having to get on the highway.
There is a very reliable, clean, nice shuttle that will take you to the mall for free, and pick you up!!
There is a nice little restaurant and bar but I would eat elsewhere, especially with so many places to eat nearby.
I cant say enough about the staff in this hotel, from the manager on down. Service was amazing!
Two of the staff from the front desk went way above and beyond to help me out after I injured my foot. On their own time!

Room Tip: I prefer to be up high, a little quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 December 2017

This is a very convenient hotel by the airport for early flights out the next day. They have a shuttle that picks you up and you are at the hotel in less then 10 minutes. The front desk was good but their English was not strong. The rooms are very good for the price. The breakfast included with my room was great.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2017

I have been to this hotel 4 times already and it is in a great location with a lot of restaurants and shops nearby. The staff at the property is sooo friendly, hospitable and helpful. They will go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. Maria Montano is one of the house keeping staffs and does a wonderful job cleaning the room and making me feel at home. She always makes sure I have my little bag of Britt chocolates and coffee for me to drink in the mornings. Thank you for your great service.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Ana I, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Escazu, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and your kind comments about great staff. Also we would to thank for noticing our excellent location. For your next stay we recommend you to try our delicious "Tardes de Café" at the Restaurante Centro.
Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Once a year I am in Costa Rica on business for a period of four to six, each time coming back to the Courtyard Marriott Escazu. This hotel offers a central location, a variety of nearby restaurants and other amenities. Of special note is the superb staff of knowledgable and friendly people: Mainstays Kristen and Johanna at the front desk; Mario, Pablo, Angie, Chela, Fanny in the dining room; Maria Montano, Lina, Scarlett, and Marlen in room services, among others new and in training. Without doubt, I will be back next year!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for noticing our great staff, they will be happy to know that you mention them !! Our great location is one of our key elements. Also the next time you are in San Jose, I would highly recommend dinning at our restaurant. It's amazing !
We hope to see you soon on your next business period.
Regards from Costa Rica