Adventure Denali
US$129
The Perch Resort(McKinley Village)
TripAdvisor
Denali Bluffs Hotel(McKinley Village)
TripAdvisor
Grande Denali Lodge(McKinley Village)
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
McKinley Chalet Resort(McKinley Village)
TripAdvisor
Denali Park Village(Denali National Park and Preserve)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbeach cabinrainbow trouthis sonfishgreat cabincatch and releasethe ownergreat hostsdenali entrancereal alaskakirklakewasillabedroomadventureguidetv
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We arrived at Adventure Denali for a stay of 5 days just last week. We rented the Beach Cabin and it was too cute and was just enough space for the 2 of us. When you walk throught the door you enter the kitchen which have a wood burning stove, a gas stove, a microwave and mini refrigerator, 2 shairs and small table for two. In the bedroom is a sink, bathroom and(toilet,bathtub/shower) regular queen bed, tv, and small book case. The cabin has 3 windows, one in the kitchen and two in the bedroom with a fantastic awesome view of the lake and mountains. In early June there was still snow on top of the mountains. The Lake was still frozen but ooh so beautiful! If you don't enjoy the outdoors in a country or rustic atmosphere then don't stay here because luxury is not what you get however you get so much more!!! Kirk the owner, his son Tanner, and their dog Diamond made our stay the most it could be. Kirk was a wealth of information. He gave information on where to hike, things to do etc... You could stay on his property and experience so much. We built a fir in the wood burning stove and actually cooked on it one morning! Do yourself a favour and book this gem, you won't regret it especially at such low cost. We drove up to the park (denali national) which is 21 minutes away from Kirk's place where we hiked on our own and did a lot of sightseeing on our own. We passed by many of the cabins I had seen on the website before booking this place and I am so glad that we booked this cabin because none of the other places had this view or came close. I can hardly wait to return. Check it out if you are planning a trip to Denali.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HoneybeeGrace
Reviewed 26 March 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Adventure Denali for 2 nights in early March. We stayed in the hotel room available which was very reasonably priced! (only $75 a night) The guy who owns the place is so nice and made a path with his snow machine so we could ski the night we arrived! When we got back at night from all day skiing in Denali the room at Adventure Denali was exactly what we needed to relax our sore bodies!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Em93
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Four women travelers, we all had a great time in Maggie’s cabin, it's rustic and cozy a true Alaskan experience perhaps the most authentic we had in our whole 12 day trip, we all really hated to leave. A truly outstanding place there in Cantwell, we all agreed that we would all be back to stay. But if your looking for a 5 star hotel this is not for you, my friends and I were looking for an outdoor, last of the wild frontier type of experience and we found it here at Adventure Denali.

What a beautiful place, the colors were spectacular the weather was perfect, crystal clean air, your mountain was mesmerizing. A totally magical stay at your Adventure Denali. The floating sauna was wonderful and your sons cabin across the ponds well it was enchanting. We had an awesome campfire! Absolutely beautiful, And a what a gracious host. Thank you for your hospitality Kirk, a stay I will never forget. I hope to see you next season, or during the Iditarod race, how lovely would that be!

Room Tip: Maggies cabin is sweet and rustic and if you have more than four there is an attached room that can be rented for a larger group.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank riverwolf
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I had the best time at the Beach Cabin. Kirk informed me of the size before and I was expecting much smaller. It was wonderful and I couldn't have been happier. We stayed in August, and still needed the wood burning stove, he kept stocked for us. We had two stay in a tent and all four of us used the shower, and I was thrilled that it stayed hot for all of us.
His place is full of peace, it is quiet and the lake is wonderful. It is beautiful, the mountains, fog, rainbows, wildlife, colors, lake... I can go on forever, and have exquisit photo to prove it. The floating sauna is something to experience and enjoy. I did many times over again.
I wish I could have stayed a month, twelve days is not enough to see all of Denali and Kirks place.
Thank you Kirk for sharing your home, your knowledge, your family and your dog Diamond with us. I came home feeling relaxed for the first time in years. It was the best vacation I have ever been on. Best of all... I want to come back to Alaska.
The lake is clear, and as for fitness, you can walk around the lake, or up the mountain, there is always something to do at his place...
I didn't want five star when I chose Kirks place. I wanted clean and room to move and not be on top of other tourists. I got that at Kirks place and we recieved five star treatment from Kirk and his family. They are truly wonderful.
Thank you Kiirk!

Room Tip: Maggie's Place is bigger, but the Beach Front is perfect for two people
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle H
Reviewed 17 August 2012

"Maggie's Place" is a fabulous cabin, perfect for a large family traveling in Alaska. It has great energy and the lake is incredibly beautiful there, especially with all of the wildflowers blooming around it. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a real Alaskan retreat.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family