US$195
Grande Denali Lodge(McKinley Village)
US$329
Crows Nest Cabins(McKinley Village)
US$194
TripAdvisor
US$144
US$260
All reviewsbeach cabinrainbow trouthis sonfishbeautiful propertycatch and releasethe ownerdenali entrancereal alaskagreat placekirklakewasillabedroomadventureguidedog
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Our stay at aventure Denali cabin (Maggie's cabin) was simply magnificent. The cabin was well stocked and totally comfortable. The cabin had a large picture window with a very comfortable La-Z-Boy and couch, that overlook a lake with cascading mountains in the background, totally relaxing. Adventures Denali is a fishing resort but we didn't fish, we use it as a base for exploring Denali park. Absolutely a great location for doing exactly that. Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Maggie's cabin for sure
Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

To be fair there was hot water for about 30 seconds. Unfortunately we did not see the owner during the three days we stayed in the Beach Cabin so we were not able to get it repaired. The WiFi was a surprise bonus. We were able to keep in touch with friends staying closer to Denali. The TV and cable were also nice touch.

The location was great and quite quiet. Given all the excellent reviews, I must admit I was disappointed with the cabin. I knew it would be rustic, but it was more similar to my RV experiences just without the wheels. My rating would be three stars if we had hot water long enough to take a shower.

Many of the reviews are for Maggie Cabin, but our three days were in the Beach Cabin so here are our ovservations. First, if you plan to eat in the cabin, bring food. There are no good grocery options within 90 miles. The cabin basically has two rooms, a kitchen and bedroom plus a roomy bathroom in the corner of the bedroom. The bathroom has running water but sounds like the water is from a cistern - and very cold. The bed is a double under a very low ceiling. There is a nice view of the lake from the bed but the shades did not block light at night. There is a space heater that worked fine. There is a smoke detector but the battery was dead.

The kitchen has a range, fridge, microwave and potbelly stove. There is plenty of firewood. The website was misleading. We were told by a guy across the lake that we could not fish in the lake without his guide, for a price. He said the lake was catch and release. As I recall the website made no mention of any of this.

The cabin is about 15 miles south of the Denali park entrance, so fairly convenient. We found a good restaurant about 5 miles north - the Creekside Cafe. Good food and nice portions. They have cabins and standard rooms but not as secluded as Adventure Denali.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Fishdenali, Owner at Adventure Denali, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Hi Mike, I am so sorry you had no hot water and did not say anything to Tanner or let someone know right off the bat. I was right here during you whole stay. I know it was working but it is a on demand system and when guests are used to conserving water at home, they sometimes have problems with this system because you need to use the hot water with good flow. Had you said something, all I or Tanner would have had to do is show you how to use it. It works alway has worked but some times we have to show folks how to use it. AGAIN, I SURE AM SORRY!!
As for bringing food, all over our reviews and website we say to buy food in town, and had you asked before you got here, we sure would have told you as we try to remind everyone about this.
As for the fishing and 'misleading' website, nowhere does my website, reviews, literature or I say that cabin guests can just fish on their own or kill fish at their discretion. This fishery in our private lakes are one of the top fishing areas in the state, and must be fished with someone who knows how to handle fish properly, and we could not accommodate as many anglers if it was not 'catch and release'. I totally understand being on a budget, I am working everyday all summer, but these guide also offer folks a much better experience, lots of folks come here to 'learn how to fish'. Without a guide, folks could not get the photos they go home with, experienced anglers sure enjoy being with someone who is fishing the waters daily and knows the fishery and as manager of this fishery I do not end up with dead fish, which can be 20 years old, dead on the bottom because of rough inexperienced handling. If you are heading up this way to enjoy some fantastic fishing in Alaska and at our place, YOU NEED TO FISH WITH A GUIDE, COMPENSATE THEM AND FINANCIALLY SUPPORT THIS FISHERY. Or just enjoy seeing what is possible with proper management, enjoy the fish that live in these lakes. Now also, within walking distance of the cabins is a beautiful stream, which is public and offers fishing for Arctic Grayling, here you can fish for free, and the guides do take clients there to fish also, cabin guests can fish it for free, BUT IT IS NOT LIKE THE LAKES
AGAIN, I am sure sorry our place was not the highlight of your trip. I wish you had asked about the hot water, the groceries and the fishing upfront. Sincerely Kirk

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We spent a week at Maggie's Cabin at Adventure Denali. It was relaxing and peaceful with beautiful surroundings. Grandson used the guides for fishing the lakes and streaming. They were fantastic. He caught Rainbow Trout and Artic Grayling every day he fished.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2017

We rented Maggie's Cabin for 4 nights (5/27/17 - 5/31/17) and it was exactly what we needed. My family of 5 (2 adults and 3 children) loved our visit. We flew into Anchorage and drove up to Cantwell with plans to explore Denali. This cabin is in the perfect location if you are looking to experience the real Alaska (not the little cabin clusters that are so populated you don't get any peace and quiet). It was about a 20 minute drive to Denali and the boardwalk just past Denali entrance where the tours depart from. We loved the wood burning stove and used it a lot while we were there. The full kitchen was great. We would cook a full breakfast before we left for our daily activities and then cooked dinner every night. You will need to buy groceries in Anchorage or Wasilla and bring them with you, which is what we did and it worked out great. If you are looking for an authentic cabin and get the true Alaska experience Maggie's cabin is the place to be. Tanner was fantastic and was very helpful whenever we had questions. The rainbow trout were AMAZING! I highly recommend Maggie's cabin, if we ever come back to Alaska this is definitely where we will be staying.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2016

What a rustic gem outside of Denali! If you want that homesteading experience with all of the comforts of home, check out one of their 2 cabins when visiting Denali! We were in the Beach cabin, right on the lake and surrounded by visiting wildlife, all the wild blueberries and raspberries you can pick (plus wild strawberries on the river bank!) and spectacular views. Loved gathering fresh veggies from their garden steps away from the cabin to supplement dinner cooked on the propane grill or in your kitchen. Wait until you see all of the trophy fish just teeming in their lake...just amazing! Thank you Kirk and Tanner for such a peaceful stay!

Stayed: August 2016