“Must-Do Tour in Moorea!”
Review of ATV Moorea Tours

ATV Moorea Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The best way to discover the island of Moorea ,An adventure which the whole family will enjoy in total security
Reviewed 19 February 2018

We did the three-hour ATV tour, and are so glad that we did! This is a must do in Moorea. Karine picked us up from our hotel and returned us there after, which was helpful. Philippe was our ATV tour guide, and he was friendly and incredibly knowledgeable about the island, its plants, and its fruits. We drove the ATVs up to Belvedere lookout, as well as Magic Mountain (I believe that's what it was called) - it was VERY high up! We went through Pineapple plantations, and stopped at a small stand atop yet another beautiful lookout point, where we tasted fresh jam and had fresh pineapple juice. We appreciated the opportunity to see the island's beauty in so many different ways, and the ATVs were a lot of fun to drive!

Of note, when we were checking in, Philippe asked if we had a go-pro, and my partner noted that we did, but had not brought the connectors necessary to attach it to a helmet; Philippe and Karine offered us the necessary attachment, and we were able to take video! We so appreciated their thoughtfulness. We highly recommend this tour, and ATV Moorea Tours.

1  Thank Melanie M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,069)
All reviews
in 28 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Cruising up to Belvedere via the pineapple plantation through a couple of streams and up and down unsealed roads in a can am side by side Atv is great fun. Throw in some rain, a friendly guide, Louis and a fun 2.5 hours.

1  Thank Bill N
Reviewed 20 December 2017

Pros: Views, Safety, Comfort, Free Tour Photos, Local Knowledge
Cons: Booking Process & Thumb Throttle (cons are minor, explanation below)

We booked the tour on November 22nd. Our tour was the 3.5 hour tour on December 3rd. It started with Philippe picking my wife and I up from our Hotel (Intercontinental) at 8:20 am. The van was newer, and air conditioned. It was an extremely short trip from the Intercontinental to the starting location. After checking in, providing drivers license and a credit card for a deposit, we received our helmets (complete with Hair nets for our protection), and Karine provided safety and operation instructions for the ATV's. The instructions were in English (as there were only English speakers in our group. We started our tour around 8:45-9:00 am, with Karine as our tour guide. The tour visited many different locations ranging from off-road creeks, trees, farms, the agricultural college, pineapple fields, mountain 'tops' and lookout points. We finished our tour around 12:30 pm, and we were back at our hotel by 12:45 pm.

Booking Process. After reading the many glowing reviews, I decided to book this ATV Tour for my wife and myself. I visited the website and filled out the reservation form. I was contacted within 12 hours of filling out the form, and was impressed with the prompt responses I received from Karine. Karine asked that I provide our names and cell phone numbers, and hotel. I thought providing a cell phone number to be odd (specially since we had intentions of not using our cell phones during our trip), but I provided the info to Karine to continue the booking process. I received another email from a separate (but branded similarly) payment site, and received an email quickly after from Karine explaining that the payment site was correct. I paid via Credit Card, and shortly after, Karine confirmed our booking and provided the pick up time. I felt that this process was a little choppy, and was weary of the payment site, but it turns out my worry was all for naught.

Thumb Throttle: I drove the ATV for the entire 3.5 tour. To start, the instructions given by Karine for driving the ATV Safely were clear and concise. Even for ATV novices (or those who have never driven one like ourselves), the instructions provided us with comfort to drive the ATV successfully. The acceleration/throttle on the ATV's provided is what is called a "Thumb Throttle", where you are required to press, with your right thumb, a lever down in order to provide acceleration. This was no problem for the first 1-2 hours of our tour. After the 2 hour mark, my hand started getting tired of the constantly adjusting pressure from my thumb that the throttle required. I was able to adjust and continue for the remainder of the trip, but not without a need to consistently adjust my hand and thumb to provide a comfortable ride. It would have been nice to have a twist throttle (like a motorcycle), but it is my understanding that the thumb throttles are a standard feature on ATV's in Moorea. In hindsight, it would have been nice to switch drivers half way through the trip. We were given the opportunity to do so multiple times, but I decided that I could continue each and every time, so this was truly my own fault.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: To end on a high note (and there were many!!!), the tour was awesome. We had a small group (only 3 couples), along with our tour guide Karine, so this made the tour feel intimate. My wife and I enjoyed feeling like we received individual attention from Karine during the tour, as she explained and provided insight on local traditions, farms, plants, flowers, views, and customs. Often, she would come to each couple individually to explain something, and after the explanation and our questions were answered, she would continue to the next couple. The tour felt very personalized, and we felt like she really cared that we had a good experience. One gesture that both my wife and I felt was truly ABOVE AND BEYOND was that Karine, our tour guide, took pictures on her own camera during the entire tour, and then provided them to us, FREE of charge to our email after our tour. We were completely and pleasantly surprised that Karine did this for us, and it provided some really fun pictures that we would not have had otherwise. This was really the tipping point to drive home that this was an excellent, 5 star worthy tour. My wife and I had an awesome time, and would highly recommend this tour. It was a highlight of our vacation!

3  Thank Stappin18
Reviewed 5 December 2017

I highly recommend this tour as it gives you a completely different perspective of the island by exploring areas you probably wouldn’t see otherwise! The ATVs were in great shape and we had no issues. Fred was also a great tour guide and stopped at certain points of interest to explain things and share his knowledge of the island, which was cool. About halfway through the tour, we stopped at local shop for jam tasting. This stand also serves up delicious ice cream which was perfect way to break up the ride. After the tour was complete, we returned to the shop which is located directly across the street from the Intercontinental where we were staying. My wife and decided to head to the small town center to grab a bite to eat instead of eating at the resort. We started walking in the direction of the town and Karine who does the pick-ups for the tour offered to drive us! This small gesture didn’t go unnoticed and is actually what prompted me to write this review. Thank again for a memorable experience during our honeymoon!

2  Thank dc_xix