All reviews playing horseshoes riverfront cabin kenai peninsula fire pit comfortable cabin spent two nights view of the river salmon enjoyed our stay dock barb moose cozy fishing homer alaska amenities
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We stayed in cooper landing to be centrally located to east and west kenai peninsula activities. The cabin was basic but spotless. Right on the river. Comfy bed and full kitchen, all we needed. It is a very tranquil setting, perfect for this leg of our trip.

Date of stay: September 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank whoa3050
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I dreaded going back to our cabin during our vacation. I tried as much as I could to stay outside as long as possible to avoid this treachery. We ended up getting the shack of all cabins, tucked back in the woods, with only one roll of toilet paper, beds were uncomfortable. Service was never available, office was always empty so there was never anyone to help. Felt like a ghost town. Toilet was separate from the shower in a stall right next to the beds. When you sat, your knees were up against the door. It was pathetic. The shower was about the size of a closet., you couldn't move in there.
While the property is situated infront of a beautiful lake with a dock and hammock, we got the short end of the stick. The only thing positive was the firepit.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank rootsrock617
Reviewed 18 September 2012

My party of four se stayed in a The Riverside cabin wihc was more than adequate for us. The cabin is equipped with everything necessary to cook, eat, bath and sleep comfortably. I have no problem recommending this cabin to others especially if fishing is your choice as it's right on the river. The views were spectacular and very quiet. A nice thing about Cooper Landing is that there are several good restaurants at which to eat including Kingfisher and Kenai Princess Lodge.

Date of stay: September 2012
4  Thank mljax
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Being a city girl from Chicago and accustomed to staying in four and five star hotels, I was a little bit leery about staying in a cabin with no TV or WiFi. This cabin was nestled way in the back of the resort snuggled between lots of trees. It consisted of two little rooms and a bathroom. There was nothing fancy about this place. Just the necessary furniture and amenities. After close inspection, I could tell that it was very clean and well taken care of. I believe everything is a matter of perspective, and since we were so excited about the fact that we were in ALASKA of all places, I decided to make the best of it. Well, as it turned out, it was just what the doctor ordered. This whole experience brought me back to a time in my childhood when you were on vacation, you didn't spend it watching tv. The only alternative here to silence was conversation. What a concept!!!!!!
We had the best time of our lives!!!! We ate all our meals in Barb's kitchen and was fortunate enough to have Paul do all the cooking! He is amazing! We thought this was a wonderful bargain since we came to Alaska to fish and trying to find a restaurant or cook our own meals would be distracting and time consuming. We were well taken care of! I'm glad we finally had a chance to make it to the bonfire one night. I recommend this place to anyone, but just remember, if you stay in the older cabins, they are indeed cabins and not hotel rooms! Before booking maybe you could ask for pictures before you decide.
We just can't wait to go back next year!!!!!!!

Date of stay: August 2010
2  Thank Bleegreen
Reviewed 18 August 2010

We have just returned from another wonderful vacation at the awesome Eagle Landing Resort in Cooper Landing AK! This year was our third year (in a row) staying at the Eagle Landing Resort and we are planning to return next year. The location on the Kenai river is spectacular, and the hosts, Barbara and Tom, do everything possible to ensure the guests have a great time. We have stayed in three different cabins - this year being the "Sailfish' cabin for 9 days/nights and our longest visit. Each cabin has it's own charming character and all of them are very clean, comfortable, and cozy. We will look forward to next year and the evening campfires, watching the bald eagles and moose from the dock, playing horseshoes, and returning to paradise on the Kenai.

Date of stay: August 2010