“Delicious dinner...child-free....”

SilverSands Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #27 of 104 Restaurants in Rarotonga
Price range: US$14 - US$68
Good for: Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2017

We organised a baby-sitter at our resort & ventured to SilverSands for our last dinner of our recent trip to Rarotonga. A delicious dinner in a new modern resort at the top end of Muri Lagoon.

The meals were fantastic, I had the beef fillet with creamed peas and my wife had the lamb with pumpkin puree. We loved both dishes and the wine list was also awesome.

The atmosphere was a little missing, there weren't many people there and the waitress had a faded black hoodie on over her uniform because she felt cold...she was still pleasant & friendly, just seemed a little unprofessional.

In the end it was a delicious meal though & we would definitely return and to top it off we had a romantic walk back to our resort along the edge of Muri Lagoon in the lovely soft sand...

Liana S, General Manager at SilverSands Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Kia Orana Leighton S

Thank you for your recent review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your dinner with us. Thank you for bringing to my attention your review of the atmosphere and the staff. I will discuss this issue with them and find a way to rectify this.
I do hope that you visit us again the next time you are holidaying in Rarotonga.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Beautiful beach side location. Complimentary breakfast for guest with a a different hot option every day. Lovely staff

Kia Orana pettitgeraldine

Thank you for your review. Great to hear that you enjoyed the company of the staff and the breakfasts each morning. Please do pop in and see us when you are next in the Cook Islands.

Meitaki Maata,

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Couldn't wait to get back to have one of the best cocktail drinks I have had. If you like a pina colada you have to try a banana colada. Amazing. Try their snickers cocktail too. Meals are great too. Island night is a fun night with good dinner too.

Liana S, General Manager at SilverSands Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Kia Orana TurtzNZ

Thank you for your review. Great to hear that you enjoyed the cocktails as well as the Island Night. We hope to be able to look after you again in the future.
Meitaki Maata,

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Nice position right on the beachfront attached to the Muri Beach Club Hotel. The menu was well rounded, something for everyone and the staff were very friendly and attentive. Definitely worth a return visit.

Liana S, General Manager at SilverSands Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Kia Orana fowlerchristine

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We do hope that you are able to return again for another visit.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

We went here for seafood and pork. Oh my goodness, the ribs are to die for. So delicious, so tender, so beautiful. The prawns - wow. Lovely buttery and garlic flavour, huge prawns, again, beautiful. The staff were lovely, all of them. Had a cocktail - wow, very strong, but hey, it's a difference to the watered down experience of many places, so no complaints from me. What a lovely location as well, right on the Muri lagoon, we watched the night SUP tour leave and come back with the lights on. Highly recommend this place, good fun, good food, a good night out.

Kia Orana nztraveller1971

Thank you for your recent review.

Great to hear how you enjoyed our yummy pork ribs and prawns night. I must say even that I myself enjoy this delicious meal. Great to hear such good things about your night, and I do hope that you visit again.