“Convenient”

Chilkat Bakery and Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 20 Restaurants in Haines
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Right in town and walked there from my hotel. Nice atmosphere. Had a take out sandwich and the Thai food looked great but did not have enough time in town to try it. Nice people working there.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Arctic M

Reviewed 12 October 2017

This is a place for all options. We only went for dinner and I was super yummy. A real Thai lady cooked it for us and you could tell. Great flavours, good variety and just super delicious! (I do love Thai though)

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank MegJessie26
Reviewed 28 September 2017

We were in Haines for a week and this place was handy. The first day we had breakfast there and my omlet was good, though the hash browns were really pitiful. Then, several folks in town said that their Thai food was good. We love Thai, so we had to try it. I was so disappointed. Hardly any spice, even after we told our server that we liked spicy Thai, the chicken in the stir fry was unevenly cooked. It was like an unseasoned chicken stir fry. I wouldn't go back on our next trip to Haines.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank cachevalley1
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Appears to be family-run restaurant. Servings are very large. If you're not too hungry, just share with someone else. Prices are typical Alaska. About twice what it would be in the lower 48. Food was good. A little off the beaten path.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Food was great. Had the breakfast burrito, and it was excellent. Poor server was by herself (with some help from kitchen staff) and clearly overwhelmed.

Date of visit: August 2017

Been to Chilkat Bakery and Restaurant? Share your experiences!