“Best Meal in Recent Memory”

Chilkat Bakery and Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 20 Restaurants in Haines
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

I was blown away by how much our meal cost but I have to say... it was worth every penny. I got a cheeseburger, someone else got the fish and chips, and we all got the tom yum soup. Most of their items were reasonably priced but the halibut and a couple other items launched the bill way up. Regardless, it was worth it for a one time thing. Got some fresh baked bread to take with us and it was also delicious. Service was great. Family operated.

1  Thank John M

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Right in town and walked there from my hotel. Nice atmosphere. Had a take out sandwich and the Thai food looked great but did not have enough time in town to try it. Nice people working there.

1  Thank ArcticMoonBeam
Reviewed 12 October 2017

This is a place for all options. We only went for dinner and I was super yummy. A real Thai lady cooked it for us and you could tell. Great flavours, good variety and just super delicious! (I do love Thai though)

1  Thank MegJessie26
Reviewed 28 September 2017

We were in Haines for a week and this place was handy. The first day we had breakfast there and my omlet was good, though the hash browns were really pitiful. Then, several folks in town said that their Thai food was good. We love Thai, so we had to try it. I was so disappointed. Hardly any spice, even after we told our server that we liked spicy Thai, the chicken in the stir fry was unevenly cooked. It was like an unseasoned chicken stir fry. I wouldn't go back on our next trip to Haines.

1  Thank cachevalley1
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Appears to be family-run restaurant. Servings are very large. If you're not too hungry, just share with someone else. Prices are typical Alaska. About twice what it would be in the lower 48. Food was good. A little off the beaten path.

Been to Chilkat Bakery and Restaurant? Share your experiences!