Black Diamond Resort Company

from US$119.95
from US$159.95
from US$89.95
More Info
All reviews treasure hunt horse drawn horses ride guide denali trail golfing holes blast lodge louie beverages
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 September 2021

Since it's the end of the season we ended up with a private tour and it was the best. It was fun riding the atvs and the guide was great, selecting the best trails and the best views to stop and take pictures. Definitely recommend this tour for everyone.

Reviewed 15 September 2021

Friendly staff, great views. Had a very fun time. Dinner is family style, not off the menu. I did not expect it to be but don’t be confused. However, did eat dinner at the restaurant one night and it was very good. Overall, good day.

Reviewed 9 September 2021

Our young guide was very knowledgeable and likable.It was safe fun and scenic .My wife had never been on a side by side and absolutely loved it. Then came the meal everything was absolutely delicious .A+ Thanks Again!

Reviewed 7 September 2021

We did the Draft Horse Drawn Covered Wagon and Dining excursion. The ride was as comfortable as you could hope for a covered wagon and the draft horses were beautiful and well behaved. The driver and guide were terrific. We started at a relatively high elevation and traveled through country with spectacular views of mountains and forests down to a shallow river with a gravel bed that was fun to explore. The river meandered around the base of a tall hill with a sheer face with exposed gravel, indicating that the hill was a large gravel mound created during the last glacier period. from there we wagoned to a spacious log lodge in the low land for lunch, and from there back to the main lodge. We recommend this excursion as a leisurely way to enjoy the beautiful Alaskan backcountry.

Date of experience: August 2021
Reviewed 6 September 2021

I had a terrible time, infuriating in fact because of how I was treated on this tour.

First of all -- they should not lie. Here is what is written on website:

This tour is a great tour for beginning ATV drivers or individuals who have never had an opportunity to experience driving an ATV.

I also called and asked if this was something someone my age and experience level should skip and was told, it was absolutely something for me and I would be completely comfortable.

LIES! There was no patience shown by the adrenaline junkies (Charles and Evan) who led this tour. Being one of two women in their 50s on the atvs, we were treated so poorly. Very quickly into our ride, the guides humiliated the other women by removing her from the atv to ride in side by side which she later said really pissed her off and then about an hour later, after doing my best to keep up on a ride
through nothing but giant mud puddles -- not one chance to look at the beautiful scenery, they did the same to me --stopped the tour and completely humiliated and insulted me. In my book, that was flat out age discrimination -- removing the two women in their 50s from a tour advertised to be for beginners.

I thought this would be a nice ride to see the beautiful scenery of Denali, it was anything but. The guides were driving crazy the entire time, hooting and hollering about "let's get muddy". We stopped at two scheduled stops (one was on private property that they laughed about when they acknowledged we should not be on) and stopped once for a moose. That was it. The website says you can stop whenever you want -- ha! Another lie. I told them that I would really like to see some of the scenery but they said we would on our scheduled stop.

Our driver on the way back mentioned he had been one of the tour guides in the past and I asked him if he rode crazy like these guys did. He said, no, you have to let the people enjoy the beautiful surroundings ---. EXACTLY what I had signed up for!

I will also add that the food was cafeteria food and with the great food we had our entire trip in Alaska, I wish we had not wasted our money on that.

The whole thing was such a disappointment that I wrote a very reasonable email to the company to advise them of what happened so they would be able to train their staff -- and they did not even bother to respond.

Find another company to do this type of excursion with. They simply do not care and will say anything to get your money and won't stand by their "promises".

Date of experience: August 2021