2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$99
View deal
Booking.comUS$99
Hotels.comUS$99
PricelineUS$99
Agoda.comUS$99
Orbitz.comUS$99
TravelocityUS$99
All reviews park entrance main building no elevator continental breakfast room was large box lunch yogurt free coffee first floor great place to stay hard boiled eggs granola bars black diamond ten minute drive nice breakfast no air conditioning mini fridge
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 September 2021 via mobile

Stayed in 5 hotels during our two weeks in Alaska and this was the worse
The staff was nice and I appreciated the liquid hand soap. The room was clean and fortunately we were there just to sleep
But that’s where the problem came in - the walls are paper thin (and the ceiling is also)!
I’m pretty sure we could have gone upstairs and took pictures of the moose that must have been walking around all night in the room; but hey, put on your headphones and try and get some sleep
But then someone’s smoking drifted into the room which hurt my throat and kept me awake
We did walk down to the entrance of the road to see the northern lights - pretty faint because of all the lights around the hotel, but was able to capture good photos later in the trip
Best part of the trip was going to 49th Brewery restaurant - one of the best meals during the trip
So if you stay, definitely try and stay upstairs and keep your window open

Room tip: Get an upstairs room
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2021 via mobile

This was a one night stand and there were a few hiccups. One of the reading lights on the side of the bed was inoperable. We had to go to the office to obtain another wash cloth since the room only had one. The breakfast of yogurt, apple sauce, granola bars, a tangerine, and two boiled eggs was fine. However, no utensils such as a spoon was provided. Luckily we brought our own. Not sure this was worth the $219 we paid. Needs updating. The room was clean except for some trash left on the floor underneath a table.

Room tip: Make sure you have every thing you need and everything works.
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2021

My spouse and I were vacationing in Alaska in July 2021 and spent two nights (a Tuesday night and a Wednesday night) at the Aurora Denali Lodge. Altogether, our stay was fine. Our room was clean, we had no problems, and we slept okay. It was just a basic room that, unfortunately, cost more than it should have which is why I'm only giving it an average (3-star) rating. If it were possible for me to give 3.5 stars, I would.

I'm not sure what the breakfast situation is normally like, but we had a few breakfast items in the fridge in our room which were okay (a hard-boiled egg, yogurt, granola bars, etc.). I think this was the arrangement because we're still dealing with the COVID pandemic.

I should reiterate that we had no problems whatsoever. The accommodations were adequate, but like I say, it was just more expensive than it should have been for what it was. I stay at a lot of hotels and have perhaps because a bit picky, but I also have to consider that this is a very rural area of Alaska and most of the hotels in this area are probably average like this. If you need a clean, comfortable place to stay and you're visiting the Denali area, this lodge will fit the bill.

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 23 August 2021

We took the last bus out of Denali and got to the hotel quite late (11:30ish), and they had things ready for us. The breakfast in the fridge was a really nice touch and we definitely appreciated it. Overall, it was a nice place to stay.

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 21 August 2021

The Aurora Denali Lodge is a nice, no frills place to stay. We chose it for it's proximity to Denali and for the price. The room was nice, and yes the bathroom was a bit small, but the price was right. Clean, comfortable and quiet. What more do you want?

Date of stay: August 2021