Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 December 2020

We took our guides to the Wood River Lodge for our end of season trip (11 people in total) and were completely blown away! We hiked in from Healy, in mid-September, following wolf and moose prints. The hike alone was magical. Once we arrived at the lodge, we couldn't believe what the Thorgesens had been able to do! The family was so kind, motivated, and inspired by the area. The cabins were well stocked, we even had a celebration in the main bar area and never wanted to leave. The hiking access was magical and we were treated to sunshine, fresh berries, and open views of Denali. If you do one thing when you're up north, visit the Wood Rive Lodge!

Reviewed 20 September 2020

I backpacked in to the wood river lodge with a group over a few days, and what an incredible way to spend a week. not only is the area gorgeous and wild, but the lodge itself is comfortable, clean, and warm. Chris and the rest of the family were so kind and thoughtful - with everything from giving us details about the hike in to providing comfortable cabins, tasty breakfast, and adventure advice once we arrived. There’s so much to do once you arrive at the lodge as well (hiking, fat biking, canoeing, etc). I was absolutely blown away by the whole experience.

Reviewed 18 September 2020

The Wood River Lodge is incredible! I backpacked in with a large group and we spent two nights at the lodge. The scenery around the lodge was stunning! Everywhere I looked I found myself in awe of my surroundings. The lodge and all the cabins are well maintained, warm, and clean. There's lots to do at the lodge, they have bikes, canoes, a fire pit, and even a movie theater! There are also a ton of trails around the lodge that are a great way to get out and explore. The Wood River Lodge is a special place and one of the best ways you could experience the Alaska Range.

Reviewed 16 September 2020 via mobile

The Wood River Lodge exceeded my expectations in every way. I backpacked in from Healy over Cody Pass with a group over two days, and it was perfect. Beautiful, well-maintained property with access to some of the most incredible backcountry I’ve ever seen in the Alaska Range. The Thorgesens were kind and helpful. I am so thankful to have gotten the opportunity to stay.

Reviewed 16 September 2020 via mobile

11 of us back packed from Healy to the Wood River Lodge. The lodge was gorgeous and so accommodating. There is plenty to do around the lodge grounds which includes a sauna, movie theater, beautiful cabins, playful pups and plenty of trails. Spending our time in the back country of the Alaska range was amazing. If you’re looking for a relaxing get away In the Alaska range with some adventurous options I highly recommend staying at the Wood River Lodge no matter what way you decide to get there!