“Best stay in our Alaska trip.”
Review of Ridgetop Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Healy
Ridgetop Cabins
Ranked #5 of 8 Healy B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Spent one month traveling all over Alaska and this was our best accomodation experience. A little rough around the edges and not plush but this is Alaska and what we came to see and do. Great owners and the ride up and down is no problem but still an adventure. Stay at glitter gulch if you want the plush tourist experience or go on the wild side and stay on the ridgetop and commune with real Alaskan pioneers. Worth every dollar spent.

Room Tip: All appeared similar
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank James B

Reviewed 21 August 2012

My husband and I and my parents shared cabin #5 for two nights on our trip to Denali. We were a little worried at the length and steepness of the gravel road when we first went up it, but it wasn't a problem at all. It is a bit of a distance from the park, but we didn't mind. The cabins are a great deal and worked well for us with the two bedrooms. Nothing fancy, but comfortable. Breakfast is packaged pastries and fruit and yogurt and cereal. Plenty of choices. Joyce was very helpful with advice to make the most of our time there and we admired the perserverence it must have taken for her and her husband to homestead the area and build the cabins themselves. They are looking to sell the property and retire, so if anyone out there wants their own out of the way Alaskan adventure, they can look up that possibility. The woods were beautiful and the weather was perfect, but I wouldn't want to try to plow and negotiate that road in the winter, as they did for many years. We were hoping to see some animals up there(besides mosquitos, which weren't as bad as we had feared), but that didn't happen, but we enjoyed visiting in the pavilion with a couple staying in a neighboring cabin. We recommend this place for people wanting a peaceful place away from the crowds.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank lovesmusic
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Want to talk off the beaten path?? You have it here and we loved it! Joyce and John were excellent hosts to boot. The cabins are a mile off of the main road but when one is looking to get away from the crowds outside of the Denali area, Ridgetop Cabins is so worth the trip out of town! We are not ones who like to be herded like animals and treated like just another number, you will not feel that way here. The cabins are also very comfortable and affordable. Don't hestiatate to book if you are planning a trip to Denali!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lstout4498
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I have to be honest after a long day's drive from Anchorage, when I had to drive another 20 miles or so North and then find this dirt road that goes up the hill, I was quite exhausted. I had been reading about bears and that added to my angst, especially with a toddler in tow. I even complained to the missus, about how I was worried. Once I got, what I now categorize is an unreasonable fear, I was able to enjoy this place very much. It is located on the top of a hill, and it is well appointed. It is a very quiet place, and yes, there is a dirt road approach for about a mile which can feel a bit scary to navigate on a Toyota Corolla.
The breakfast was basic, but it was interesting to hear the owners talk about how they pretty much built this place from the ground up.
Next time though, honestly, I would pick something closer to the park. But for a more secluded feeling far from the madding crowd, this is a great place. And a great value for the money.

Room Tip: A mile long gravel/rock road. So, be prepared.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Easy_Traveler_10
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I was 100% pleased with our cabin. I loved the fresh homemade blueberry bread the owner Joyce made for breakfast. I thought Joyce was a wonderful host, she even helped us plan our time in Denali as she was a guide there for many years. I loved the gas grill area and we cooked our meals nightly. The ride to Denali took only 20 min thru beautiful areas, I was aware od the road to get to the cabins as read previous reviews and I thought it was in great condition and drove our rental van to the cabin with no problems. My husband actually said this road is an adventure as he was looking for moose along the journey! I can not say enough about how satisfied we were here. Loved everything about it.

Room Tip: We stopped in Anchorage at Walmart and stocked up on groceries to last us and cooked our meals on th...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family