“Good start to explore Homer”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Homer
Homer Floatplane Lodge
Ranked #12 of 30 Speciality Lodging in Homer
Reviewed 11 August 2016

This little park with a few cottages is located next to an airfield for waterplanes. It is a good start to explore Homer and even a few tours take off from this Lodge ;-) The beds are great. We wanted to take it with us! Although some cottages are extremely small for American standards, we have spent two fine nights here.

Room Tip: Pick any room: the beds are great to sleep in everywhere! I wanted to take mine with me.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 July 2016

When you live in Alaska, you are familiar with the fact that what is shown in the ads for places to stay is not necessarily what you get. We have seen some really great pictures of places and then said, "Is this it?" when we get to the destination, so we were a little leery about booking our rooms for out of town family in a place we had never stayed before.

We booked two cabins and a lodge room. Because we were going to be there past 6pm, we called ahead to just to let them know. The girl on the phone chuckled, said, "No, problem! We will have the keys ready for you and see you in the morning :) " Each cabin/room was a little different, and we had little kitchen areas which really helped with food costs. There was a little community gas grill available to us to grill out on, as well. The lake view was lovely. There were also samples of some local soap, shampoo, and hair rinse in each room, which got me hooked on them :)

The next morning, my husband (a pilot) loved the float planes taking off, and I mentioned that we wanted to use the burn pit to make smores. The staff got us some fresh wood, and because they didn't have sticks for us to use, they went out of their way to grab a few branches for us and left them by the pit. I thought that was nice since I never asked for it or even suggested it.

The staff was very laid back, which we appreciated, and friendly, and we were happily surprised at how great the accommodations were. The location is not far from the spit and close to Safeway. The only thing I would change would be to bring a bathing suit with me next time to use the hot tub. I would highly recommend this establishment.

Room Tip: The cabins are quieter than the lodge rooms. They also have larger kitchen areas than the lodge roo...
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2015

We stayed for 4 nights in the Mount Douglas room. It was clean, quiet and one of the most comfortable beds we slept in in Alaska. We didn't do the bear viewing trip but next time it will be on our to do list. Talking to people who did it said it was great. The location is also good. Easy to get to the Spit and downtown.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LakeladyMN
Reviewed 23 July 2015

The hotel and staff are wonderful!! The bed was VERY comfortable and the view from our cabin was the best! The only thing that really suprised me is that Homer is a fishing town and they do not have a freezer for your fish. I will be back to Homer in a few years and I will for sure stay with them again!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2015

Our family of four stayed in the lodge two nights during our two week Alaskan adventure, this was probably our 2nd favorite accommodation of all the places we stayed! We found the room clean and smelt fresh. Beds were very comfortable. We arrived late and left early so we never got a chance to meet the owners, but via email and phone they were very pleasant to work with. I loved the kitchen area and the bathroom was actually a decent size. Some nice touches in the room (loved the salt and pepper shakers!). So happy to see coffee available in the room, THANK YOU FOR THAT! We would definitely recommend and when we return will stay here again. One small suggestion for housekeeping: the fitted sheets are too small for the beds, mine wouldn't stay on.

Room Tip: If you want right on water front go with the lodge rooms
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family