“Delicious Beer, Friendly Servers, and Great Souvenirs”

Alaskan Brewery and Bottling Company
Ranked #7 of 56 things to do in Juneau
More attraction details
Owner description: This brewery offers free tours and beer tasting.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

I visited the Alaskan Brewery tasting room as part of an excursion from my cruise. Unfortunately, that meant we were pressed for time and couldn't ask a lot of questions. But the servers were friendly, generous with their delicious brews, and seemed to enjoy the energy of having a full tasting room. I picked up several souvenirs - probably the best goodies of my trip! They have a sizable selection including clothes, sports bottles, barware, magnets, and more.
My advice to you would be, plan ahead by checking out hours of operation, etc., and set aside enough time to participate in a guided tasting (which they offer in the summertime).
Currently they don't do tours of the facility.

1  Thank Edwin D
in 11 reviews
"t shirts"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 13 March 2018

I visited the brewery in February so the bus from the Alaskan Brewery store downtown out to the brewery itself wasn't running, but I took the public bus out there which was straightforward. I got a great overview of the history of the company and the brewing process from one of the staff, and they helped me pick out some samples to try.

Great way to spend a couple of hours.

1  Thank Mel_M802
Reviewed 4 March 2018

My wife and I visit breweries and tasting rooms on nearly all of our travels. Alaskan was on the must-see list based on their reputation alone. We were not dissapointed.

The tasting room is on the small side, but everyone was knowledgeable and ready to answer questions about the options. We tried every one of the beers, some where better than others (which is to be expected).

Worth the visit if you like beer, but there is little else there for those that are not beer people.

1  Thank rod1916
Reviewed 11 February 2018

This was a great spot. I had to visit since they're here. On my first visit, it was explained to me that you can get a lot here you can't get anywhere else. Crew brews, rotational beers, and their rough drafts. One of the rough drafts, the Aurora Cherryalis, I quite enjoyed, and had it regularly.

My first day here, I asked the main server and other brewers there where they liked to eat, and was given a list of places. None were disappointing. All were excellent. I was also told to check out a local distillery as well, and that was very good also.

I came back two more times during my four day stay to just relax and have some drinks. The people there are very friendly, and conversations ranged from tv shows to the brewing process. My first day, I was told there was a viewing room where you could look into the brewery. I expected to just ogle a bit, but the guy followed me in and then proceeded to explain how everything worked. Outstanding customer service with all the people there. Putting together a trip report for friends who will be in the area on a cruise this summer, and they didn't even know the Alaska Brewery is there. Rest assured, they do now, and will be stopping.

3  Thank Jason K