Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews salmon fishing trip vacuum sealed beautiful alaskan sauna and hot tub fishing rods anyone wanting his wife washer dryer kenai river float plane bear watching great place to stay back home wildlife viewing outstanding trip halibut fishing
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 August 2020

Awesome place to stay! Cabins were clean, spacious and beautiful. Terry and his wife were great to deal with and helpful with getting checked in and organizing a salmon charter. The cabins came very well furnished. The fishing guide they booked us with was the best I’ve ever had!! We highly recommend Salmon Catcher Lodge and would stay there again.

Reviewed 28 July 2020

The owner and his family were immersed in the day-to-day services as the virus had caused about 1/3 of this year's clients to re-schedule to 2021. Did 6 fishing charters thru the lodge -- 3 on the Kenai for Sockeye, 1 at Seward for Halibut and 2 fly-ins to Kustatan river for Coho. My wife and I pretty much limited-out on our catches each day. The arrangements were well planned and the guides were exceptionally friendly. The guided river pick-ups were just several minutes from the lodge. My wife is not a seasoned fisherman, but the aid, instruction and attention took care of all of that....maybe I should have listened closer as she out-fished me most days! The lodge processed and packaged all our catches (168 lbs of filets).

The lodge is recently constructed log units, well spaced for privacy and the daily housekeeping was great. A common fitness center was huge. We loved the "olympic size" sauna and hot tub especially after some of the cooler/rainier days on the water! Two articulating/vibrating chairs like you see in the airports were fanatastic on our 67 year-old bodies. On the 1st night had a moose meander right by the front deck....wasn't 10 ft away, didn't seemed a bit concerned by us...got some great pictures

We saw the lodge as 1st class and are likely to return on our next trip to Alaska. The owner (Terry Johnson) and his wife (Angie) were accommodating at every opportunity. You often get what you pay for and this lodge is definitely worth the premium!!

Room tip: If just two travelers...the the Johnson Landing room.
Reviewed 27 July 2020 via mobile

We visited for the first time - and even in these crazy times with Covid effecting everyone - our stay was beyond our expectations!! Terry and Angie made our stay the best ever- with extra work for them switching our trips around because fishing charters cancelled, taking care of processing our fish (and we caught a lot!!!) and managing the Lodge- we had a cabin nestled in the trees that added to our love for this place. Salmon Catcher Lodge is worth every penny!!!

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2020

Our experience will be one of the most memorable trips of a lifetime! Terry planned our excursions perfectly and each trip was unforgettable. The day trips themselves were so well planned, and unique that it was difficult to choose a favorite. Each fishing trip in itself could have been a vacation in itself. The guides for the fishing trips were the BEST!! Each day brought a new adventure with the most pristine scenery and amazing views. All the guides were friendly and so much fun to be around. They were knowledgeable and very experienced making the novice fisherman feel confident. We chose 4 different trips, and each one was amazing. I highly recommend having Terry set up your trips, as his guides make the trip stress free so all you do is enjoy the adventures.
Terry's staff was amazing!! We fixed our own breakfast and lunches, and had dinner prepared for us. This was the perfect end to our daily trips. Terry's wife made sure our meals were perfect, and even helped us celebrate a birthday by buying flowers, birthday presents, and decorating. Angie was kind enough to prepare separate meals as I have dietary restrictions.

The lodge itself was picturesque and perfect! It is located close enough to Soldotna to grocery shop with a good selection of stores and off the busy road to provide quiet relaxation. The hot tub was a nice ending to a busy day. All in all, this vacation was the trip of a lifetime, and one that won't be forgotten. We would never have been able to have this without Terry and the Salmon Catcher Lodge!

Date of stay: June 2020
Reviewed 12 July 2020

Perfect location for a great Alaskan vacation. The lodge itself is located outside of town well away from any traffic or congestion. The guides that the lodge use are extremely professional and really made the trip and unforgettable adventure. Terry makes sure that you get the vacation experience you desire as he goes out of his way to ensure you are able to chose the trips you are interested in. For example we chose separate trips consisting of deep sea fishing, King Salmon, trout, a fishing/bear watching float plane fly -in. Each trip was outstanding and I really don"t think I could pick a 'best' if you asked me. The lodge and grounds are clean and isolated from traffic. You are able to customize all your trips as well as your stay as you can chose to cook your own meals or have the lodge prepare them for you. We elected to have the Lodge prepare of dinners and each meal was outstanding. The staff was very accommodating and friendly, I highly recommend you have them prepare your meals as the food was great and made for a nice end to a long rewarding day. Overall I ican"t say enough about how much I enjoyed staying at the lodge and cant wait to find time to return in the future.

Date of stay: June 2020