All reviews fishing experience sockeye these guys every meal dining hall salmon the river great fishing next year fire pit each guest fly rod the entire staff caught fish dolly varden first class great trip
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 June 2019 via mobile

Just returned from my 2nd trip to Tower Rock Lodge.....and I’m already planning my next trip.

These guys are the absolute best. They got us on the fish each day, filled out bellies with FANTASTIC food each night, and simply didn’t miss a beat.

We netted Rainbow, Sockeye, Kings and Halibut. Returning home with nearly 100lbs of fish is certainly making it easier for me to justify another trip.

You simply can’t beat the service, accommodations and food. Mike and his staff go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need without being overbearing. You’ll never go hungry, you’ll never be without a glass of wine and you won’t go without catching a. Inch of fish (at least we didn’t!).

Said simply, they just do it right. Can’t wait to head back for trip #3!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 February 2019

Was at Tower Rock Lodge in September of 2018 and had a blast! Went to Alaska to catch one salmon but i ended up catching multiple and yes they were absolutely delicious. Our guide convinced me to try fly fishing which i had never done before and caught steelheads! What-a-trill! Everything was absolutely incredible. The lodging was comfortable and clean, the food was delicious, the staff is nice and really pays attention to details and we even had great laughs with the other guests around the fire pit. We had such a good time. Can't wait to go back!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Was only there for a quick trip, but really enjoyed my stay there. The food was amazing and there was plenty of it. The guides are top notch which, if you haven’t been on a guided fishing trip before, really makes a trip worthwhile and productive. Will definitely be returning...

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 September 2018

My husband and I wanted to do a fishing trip in AK for our honeymoon as we are both the avid fishing/hunting type. We had no clue where to start, but found Tower Rock Lodge's great reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to give them a try. It turned out to be the best decision we could have ever made! Griff made the booking/planning stage a breeze and even sent us recommendations of places to stop and see on our drive over from Anchorage. The fishing was incredible and we came home with well over a 100 lbs of fresh salmon and halibut. What really made the trip so incredibly memorable was the personalized service and amazing guides. TRL's guides are hands down the best you will ever experience. We fished with Joe, Carson, JP, and Will, as well as with Jason for our halibut trip. They go above and beyond and are all extremely knowledgeable of fishing on the Kenai and other rivers. We loved the vibe of the lodge, it felt like hanging out with old friends versus the impersonalized feel you get from larger, more commercialized outfits. My favorite trip had to be the Middle Kenai, we limited out before noon and then spent the rest of the afternoon fly-fishing/drifting for trout, dollys, and all kinds of other fish that would bite! The flyout trips are incredible as well. It's amazing to see the views and experience landing and taking off in such remote areas. Mike and Mark the owners are wonderful and make you feel right at home. You can tell they are passionate about the lodge and making sure everyone is having the best experience possible. I practically had to hog tie my husband to get him on the plane home because he didn't want to leave. We will definitely be back! We're already planning dates to return next year.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2018

Once again, Tower Rock Lodge has hit a home run. The fishing for the time of year that I went was outstanding. There were three of us and we limited out every day, sometimes as early as 11:00 am. What I want to comment on are the guides. It is because of their knowledge of where the fish are, and when, that this fishing adventure was so successful. The accommodations are good and I enjoy the rustic look of the lodge and rooms. The food is always good and this year, because we had a Thai chef, we had an especially wonderful Thai dinner. Wine & cigars provided by the lodge are a nice way to finish off the day, sitting around the fire pit.

Room tip: They are all good.
Date of stay: August 2018