All reviews fishing experience sockeye these guys every meal dining hall salmon the river great fishing next year fire pit each guest fly rod the entire staff caught fish dolly varden first class great trip
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 July 2020

I just spent 4 nights for a father- son trip and can't say enough good things about the entire team and facilities. I didn't think it was possible that all the positive reviews could be accurate. There are many good reasons why the lodge has such superb ratings; the facilities, the location, the personnel, the food, the gear... few details, if any, are spared. My experience was there is a culture of caring and wanting to ensure each guest has a terrific time and they deliver exactly that. A special thank you to Mike, Griff, Gabe, Chris, Jake and Joe. Great people to spend time with, they truly love what they do. Thanks again for an unforgettable experience and hope to be back next summer!

Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank Climber574389
Reviewed 4 October 2019

Tower Rock Lodge is a best in class establishment! We had blast fishing different locations every day! The staff and guides were incredibly professional, warm, and accommodating. 10/10 would return and recommend to any type of group - families, friends, or corporate! We went late in the season and were catching beautiful salmon due to our guides expertise - thanks Joe! It’s an easy drive to Homer or to take a glacier boat tour if you want to switch it up one day! Thank you for the excellent experience Tower Rock!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2019

We (husband and wife) visited Tower Rock Lodge the second week of September 2019. The lodge accommodations were outstanding (we stayed in Cabin 2), the meals were first class (thank you J.R. and the kitchen crew), the boats and fishing gear were high end, and the guides were absolutely amazing. We were treated like family from the moment we arrived to the moment we departed. Mike Tuhy was in the dining hall each morning to greet you and attend to your needs. He returned most evenings to check on your fishing day and share amazing stories and anecdotes. The guides were personable, knowledgeable, knew how to put you on fish, and were talented at teaching us new fishing techniques (thank you Brant, Joe, and Carson). We spent four days on the Kenia and Kisilof rivers, one day on a fly out to Crescent Lake, and enjoyed a halibut/king salmon trip out of Homer during our stay. We caught three types of salmon, rainbow trout, dolly varden (arctic char), halibut, and steelhead trout. Catching a 32-inch steelhead trout on a fly rod proved Mike Tuhy is right: “Fish so big you don’t have to lie about 'em!” We can hardly wait for a return visit.

Room tip: The Dining Hall was equipped with wifi & tv if you needed it; it was nice to be unconnected for a change!
Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 19 September 2019

There is a good reason why this lodge receives excellent ratings over 95% of the time. The reason is that they earn it. The facilities, staff, and location are all simply marvelous. The facilities are rustic, yet classy, clean, and very well maintained. The staff was very considerate, professional, and willing to do just about anything to make our stay at their lodge a pleasant experience. Joe, X, Carson, Nate, Willie, and P.J. (all guides) took their time with our group and made certain that everyone had a fabulous experience.....and did I mention that they really put us on the fish? I would highly recommend experiencing a "fly-out". It was a lot of fun, but that might have been attributable to our group. The kitchen and serving staff were wonderful. The meals could have received awards for flavor, variety, and presentation. The location of the lodge was such that we could just walk down to the river and throw a line in whenever we wished. I'm telling you, this place was outstanding. It was a FANTASTIC experience!!!!!!

Room tip: They had wifi in the dining lodge
Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed 3 September 2019

I stayed over Labor Day weekend with a group of four and was able to partake in two full days of fishing in the Kenai River.
We stayed in a bigger house accommodation that had its own private sauna, connected to the main area by a scenic little walkway where cabins line the path down to the Lodges' private docks. We were given a tour of the premise first thing, to include the picturesque main Lodge. I loved how the owners' have had fun with their design and left some kooky elements here and there thouroughout the grounds. Always something to discover! They have outdoor games, speakers, and a fire pit to enjoy during downtime. It feels super secluded from the town but does deliver on the charming fish camp experience. Meeting and swapping fish stories with the other Lodgers was a great way to wind down the day.
I am by no means a tried and true fisherman, however I was able to catch my first silver salmon! The chef back at the lodge even prepared my fish and we were all able to dine on it that very same night! Our guide was super informative throughout the entire trip. I felt each day we were set up for success by Tower Rock Lodges' staff.
I had a spectacular time and am so grateful to everyone at Tower Rock Lodge for making our stay phenomenal.

Date of stay: August 2019