“Bingo!”
Review of El Almacen

El Almacen
Ranked #3 of 225 Restaurants in Avila
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

We visited “El Almacén” on our way to Madrid thanks to references from a local from Avila and Bingo! Great service, great food and good view.
Not over the top on the price, apparently great at night with a view of the lid medieval walls.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I have visited few times El Almacen and the thing I like most is their willingness to show that there is space for high cuisine in a city like Avila, where their offering is reduced to classic and tasty dishes like cochinillo, cordero or ternera de Ávila. El Almacen is a nice decorated restaurants with views to city and the river. Their dishes are very well elaborated and clearly thought with care. Usually they have dishes that are not in the menu which are very good options. Let be advised by the maitre. Some dishes can be irregular in the performance if you are not used to certain taste, but some of them are just superb. On the top you have the desserts, the chocolate volcano and the apple pie are just exactly what a dessert should be to end a meal. As a minor note, they don't have draft beer, everything bottled but go for wines, their glass wine cellar is something.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Came to El Almacen after reading other reviews and beeing the 2nd best in Avila. The dining room has an excellent view of the walls of Avila. Staff gave us a warm welcome and service was professional. Entrees were great (Nidos de morcilla y guisado picantito). The meat of Avila is well known and we ordered different types of meat, and although of certain quality, we expected a bit more quality and tenderness in the meat. Wine variety is limited. Desserts were good. Might return another time.

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Great food, very efficient and nice service and perfect views from the dinning room and terrace.
There is a great selection of wines.
Prices are a above the average in Ávila but it is worth it due to the great quality it offers.
Will for sure make a reservation when I have the opportunity to come back again to Ávila.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

I came here with my girlfriend in the end of our vacation and wish I came here earlier. What a lovely place. First I got amazed by their book of a wine list. I love wines and they have a wide choice of wines to choose between. I picked Pesquera red wine, which was very nice. The food was perfect. Nice tasty and tender. We waited a bit for the chocolate volcano for dessert, but it was defiantly worth waiting for! We will return tomorrow on our last day here in ávila. Highly recommended