“A Perfect Meal”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The World Famous 7 table restaurant located in Paradise
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We read about Villa Mahana in a travel magazine. While it was difficult to get a reservation beause it is a small restaurant, our concierge was able to secure a table. The chef is french and trained under Paul Bocuse in Lyons and then worked in Paris before coming to Villa Mahana. We're glad he did because this was one of the most perfect meals we have ever enjoyed. We enjoyed multiple courses from the Epicurean tasting menu that included a warm salad with warm shrimp and caviar in a lemon dressing, perfectly cooked foie gras, lobster risotto and a fabulous beef tenderloin served with gnocchi. Desert was a chocolate tower with fresh vanilla bean ice cream. All courses were perfectly timed and the table service was impeccable. At the end of our meal we asked to meet the chef who was very gracious when we thanked him for our wondeful dining experience. Tables are limited so try to make reservations early. We look forward to our next visit for another perfect meal.

1  Thank KBP7

Reviewed 19 January 2012

All I read about this place before we went was how expensive it was. That is a fact, but when your on vacation, especially at bora bora, you can't be a penny pincher. We booked many months ahead, so pacific-for-less got us the honeymoon table at the top of the restuarant. It was very relaxing and the food was excellent. Although it was more expensive than some of the best retauarnts in Boston, it rivalled all of them.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

They picked us up from the hotel, it was just the 2 of us, but we got a whole taxi van to ourselves. We went with the bigger tasting menu and it was a great dinner. The portions were larger than expected, knowing that now, I would've gone with the smaller tasting menu. I thought the meal was good, very different than the tasting menus you would have in Paris for example, but I wasn't expecting it to be the same. The restaurant itself is very simple, not fancy by any means. The bottle of sparkling water was only 3 or 4 € which was surprisingly low.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

Don't bother going to this restaurant. Despite many rave reviews, the service was slow, the prices outrageous and the decor awful (it looks and feels more like a taco stand). The "free" taxi service crammed 10 people into a van designed to fit six and the bathrooms were filthy. The food is actually decent but in no way is it worth enduring the absurd experience and prices.

5  Thank Jason P
Reviewed 1 January 2012

La Villa Mahana, was everything as expected, read so many reviews about how great the food was, the place was, atmosphere, etc. exceeded all my expectations. i got the 5 course meal and my wife got the 4 course meal. everything was cooked to perfection. the BEST beef tenderloin i have ever had in my life, melted in my mouth, pretty much slid out of my seat after the first bite, my mouth is watering as we speak..haha

1  Thank leonmckanas