3,008 results
All reviews turtle sanctuary glass floor te ava jean marie overwater bungalow fish our honeymoon main island large glass the miki miki bar sea turtles the activities desk beach hut pool bar st regis other resorts french polynesia
Reviewed 5 September 2018

Hotel: Grounds are clean, well kept and you can see their staff cleaning and working on it non-stop. The staff is so wonderful and friendly, and willing to do anything to help. Our room was cleaned/organized twice daily and I never had to worry about anything. Wi-fi reception is great and works in most areas of the resort and the internet was surprisingly not too slow. lol

Things to do: There's a small lagoon with 2 friendly stingrays that swim around little fishes and you can go snorkeling right there. The main beach is big and has plenty of room and equipment for everyone to enjoy. They even offer a small hobie cat trip for free and it's really fun if the wind conditions help.

Restaurants: This is the only negative side of my review... the food is good, but having gluten intolerance, I wasn't aware that they had gluten-free options in the menu since not all staff seemed to know what that meant and the menu didn't have any observations. Amelia and Victorina helped me by letting me know all the dishes that had a gluten-free option and when the dish was not gluten-free. They were so nice and caring! Another downside is that the hotel does not provide the menu of the restaurants anywhere (other than the TV maybe but it was so hard to read!) and I learned they have specialty food nights like Mexican and international, but I didn't know what days of the week since it wasn't advertised.

I also wanted to point out that the day excursions I looked into charged USD30 more per person to pick up from the Meridien/St Regis, in case that is important to anyone.

Overall I do think this is more of a resort for couples and a small family - there isn't much to do and it's very quiet. For us, that worked out perfectly, and I would definitely recommend!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank WheresFabi
GuestRelationsLMBB, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Bora Bora, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Ia ora na,

Thank you for your warm recommendation of Le Meridien Bora Bora !
We are glad that overall you enjoyed every aspect of your stay from our bungalow to our friendly service and amazing surroundings.
We are proud to have the flexibilty to meet upour guests with dietary needs such as gluten intolerance.Our team is well trained to assist our guests and we are sorry that in first hand , you found it difficult to order gluten - free meals. A reminder will be made to our restaurant team and thank you for your honest feedback.
We truly hope to welcome you again for another relaxing vacations.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed here for one night as part of our honeymoon trip and loved it. Originally, we booked a regular room but once they found out we were on our honeymoon they gave us an upgrade to the overwater bungalow. The overwater is a MUST and you will not be disappointed. The staff was very friendly and the bungalows were very clean. If you are looking for pure relaxation, this is the place!

The Wades

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GuestRelationsLMBB, Secretary at Le Meridien Bora Bora, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Ia ora na,

Thank you for taking the time to review Le Meridien Bora Bora .
We are glad to read your stay was an enjoyable experience and wish to welcome you again for a longer time.
Sunniest regards,

Reviewed 30 August 2018

My husband and I spent 5 nights at Le Meridien in May and overall had a great time in Bora Bora. This is a lengthy review so I've summed up pros/cons and a few tips for those who don't want to read my whole novel :) In short, Bora Bora is AMAZING. No picture taken does this place any justice. Yes, it's expensive - just go with it. It is worth every minute of travel and penny spent. I hope to make it back some day.

Pros:
• Hands down, best view in Bora Bora.
• Amazing beach - the St. Regis next door appeared to have a much smaller beach with no mountain view so the beach at LM definitely wins.
• Turtle center! Feed the turtles breakfast at 10:30a each day, and watch them swim in the lagoon between 1p-4p.
• Activities - there was plenty to do! Big Chess, SUP, Kayak, a game room with pool table, the shuttle into town. Sure, night life is lacking, but if you're bored here it's your own fault.

Room for improvement:
• Shuttle times and cost. I know it's expensive to run a boat back and forth, and they want to keep the $ at the hotel, but offer more shuttle time options. At least one so you can go in for lunch without wasting the whole day (depart LM at 11, depart VT at 2:30?). We met a couple from St. Regis who said they only had ONE shuttle per day, so maybe LM isn't so bad!
• End of Pontoon room view just didn't live up to the hype. It could easily have been done better - the construction of the bungalows on the end of the pontoons and the direction they face is just silly (this isn't true for all the EOP rooms, but many. Those with a lower room category had a better view than I did). Not a quick fix or really the hotel's fault, but something to be aware of when choosing a room category - I wouldn't pay for the EOP again.
• No mini bar - not a huge deal, you get two bottles of water a day but it would be nice to have a couple beers or sodas (we came from Hilton Moorea where we had this) even just stocked on arrival and not refilled daily. At the price per night, I can't imagine this would be too lucrative an expenditure.

Tips:
• Use a travel agency. We used Pacific for Less and they coordinated our 10 day trip to Moorea and Bora Bora. Everything was so well orchestrated from the time we left LA until we returned. HIGHLY recommend them!
• DO THE SHARK AND RAY TOUR! This was included in the package Pacific for Less arranged for us (Raanui tours) and it is not to be missed. Upgrade to the full day with lunch, it will be your best lunch in FP. Honestly the coolest thing I've probably EVER done.
• Don't use USD - the exchange rate is horrible! Use the ATM at the PPT airport to grab some XPF, and use a credit card with no foreign transaction fee for everything else.
• Bring floats and a rope if you're staying in an OWB.
• Bring a tumbler, and fill it with juice at breakfast so you have a mixer or a drink for the day.
• The gym and the travel rooms (open during the day I think 8a-5p, just below the lobby) both have filtered water so fill tumblers or bottles there for free.
• Take advantage of the free shuttle to St. Regis for dinner
• If you're a drinker, bring alcohol with you. You can bring 2L wine and 2L spirits (4L total) per person into FP. This saved us a ton of $!

SERVICE:
Excellent - 5*. I don't know what people are complaining about! Everyone we encountered was happy and friendly and accommodating. Check in was a breeze, we were provided fresh pineapple juice and take care of by a lovely representative who then gave us a tour of the hotel and golf carted us to our room. Most people speak good English, but please remember you are in their country, learn and use a few Tahitian or French words. Maybe if you are expecting to be fussed over and waited on you'll be disappointed with the service but that is not us. The girl who took us to our room on the first day (her name is escaping me) was walking on the beach a few days later asking people how their stay was going. They seem genuinely interested in making sure you are having a nice vacation. Yes, it's island time - who cares! Relax and enjoy the view.

FOOD:
Good - 4* The food is expensive as everyone mentions. Breakfast & Lunch were good, I would recommend eating dinner elsewhere. Breakfast was included with our package which was great, the buffet had fresh fruit and juices, bacon, sausage, fish and rice, and they would make you eggs, omelets, pancakes and crepes as requested. We split something for lunch at the Pool Bar each day. We had the roast beef baguette (twice!), the veggie and hawaiian pizzas, the Asian share plate, and the croque monsieur (for those like me who didn't know what this was, it's a grilled ham & cheese and was awesome - I wish we discovered it before our last day!) and all of those were really good and plenty to share for lunch. I wish it was open for dinner! For dinner we ate twice at Le Meridien and both were just okay. The first dinner we ate off the a la carte menu at Te Ava, and nothing on the menu (of maybe 10 entrée options) was under $50 USD/$4800 XPF. I know it’s expensive here, but this was ridiculous to me, mostly because the hotel and my travel agent both emailed us menus (a week prior) and the menu on arrival was very different. The menus we were emailed reflected a much wider selection of entrees with more reasonable prices. I ended up with 6 shrimp and 4 scallops on skewers for $50, my husband ordered the lamb chops but they misunderstood and brought him the beef chops, but he said they were good. The second time we ate at Te Ava was Mexican night and was really subpar. It wasn't a la carte, they brought dishes of beef, chicken, beans, etc and tortillas and we made our own tacos for $100. That night the options were Mexican Night or the $90/pp International Buffet which I heard was not worth it so we landed on Mexican. Our other dinners were at Lagoon (St. Regis next door), Bloody Mary's, and Bora Bora Yacht Club and I'd recommend all 3 over eating at Le Meridien (yes, even with the cost of the shuttle!). Take advantage of the free transfer to St. Regis for dinner!

DRINKS:
Great - 5* We had drinks at the pool bar and the Miki Miki bar and both were great. I did my research so we brought wine & liquor in from the US to have drinks in our room and try to cut costs a little. Cocktails are $23, beers are $8-$10 (Hinano - $7.50, Corona $9.80, Bud Light $8) and wine ranges from $6/glass up to $30+. They measure liquor very accurately so just be aware that you're not getting a heavy pour in that $23 cocktail! If you're a liquor drinker the best option is to buy a shot over ice and a mixer. Smirnoff $4/shot, Goose $9, Gin $4, etc. I bought double vodka & Perrier for $14, and the Perrier ($6 for the whole small bottle) made two drinks - so two vodka sodas for the price of one cocktail! You can choose to buy the whole can/bottle ($5-$6) or 'add' to your drink ($3). Definitely give the fresh coconut cocktail a try if it's on special when you're there, they cut open the coconut right in front of you & add some local dark rum - so perfect for the setting!

ACTIVITIES:
Excellent! 5* The beach here is expansive with plenty of chairs and is in between the two pontoons so has a great view of the mountain! There are paddle boards and kayaks available which were really fun. There is a game room with a pool table and Wii, a big Chess set on the beach, badminton, volley ball, ping pong. Tons of fun stuff!

ROOMS:
Just okay - 3* This was my biggest disappointment. I booked an End of Pontoon OWB which I assumed would be most private and have an unobstructed view of Mt. Otemanu. The room was at the very end of the 300's pontoon (the one on the left when looking toward the mountain from the resort). When we walked into the room, the door to the deck was directly across on the opposite side, the bed was on the right side along with a walk in closet, and the bathroom was the whole left side of the bungalow. This would have been fine if the angle of the room was better, but because of the way the room was facing, you could not see Mt. Otemanu from inside the room at all, and to see Mt. Otemanu, we had to walk out onto the balcony and turn 90 degrees to the left and look past the low hanging roofing of our room. There was a huge frosted window in the bathroom that would have looked directly out to the mountain if you could have seen through it. I didn't feel this room category was worth the upgrade at all. I tried to look at some of the other End of Pontoon rooms and most of them seem to either be at an odd angle to the mountain or have other bungalows in the line of view. I would not recommend this upgrade and did not feel it was worth it. The room also needs an update, not a huge issue but could really use a little bit of a facelift in terms of the walls, doors, hardware, etc. I think Le Meridien is going to have to do this within the next few years to keep up with other hotels in the area (although the website indicates it was fully renovated in 2010). I hate to complain because normally we truly don't spend a lot of time in the room when on vacation, but with having the OWB here we intended to spend a lot of time in it and mostly ended up at the beach. We had three visitors, one gecko and two cockroaches. These are attributed to the climate are not something to complain about, but worth mentioning. The glass floor was two very large panes and offered a great view. Many have said there is nothing to see from your OWB in Bora but we saw plenty of fish and a couple of rays!! Comfortable bedding, great housekeeping, just a disappointing view/privacy for the upgrade.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
10  Thank jenwasz
GuestRelationsLMBB, Executive Secretary at Le Meridien Bora Bora, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Ia ora na Jen,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review with helpul tips for travellers interested in visiting our destination.
We are glad that overall you keep such great memories of your stay at Le Meridien Bora Bora and share on this portal your fair impressions of our resort.Le Meridien Bora Bora was indeed built 20 years ago and has a prime view on Otemanu moutain.Our rooms were refurbished in 2010 and maintenance and refresh of our rooms is a continual work all year round to keep them in good condition.
We took well note of your comments regarding our overwater bungalow and will definitely look into it with attention.
Overwater Premium End of Pontoon Bungalows are located at the end of each pontoons and offer the most romantic and private locations of the resort, while facing a tranquil crystalline lagoon. We are sorry to read you did not feel it was worth it and that their orientation may have been better thought.
We hope you will be able to visit us again and give us an opportunity to enhance your experience on that occasion.
Maururu Roa!

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Arrived in Tahiti. Quickly discovered we had to purchase another plane ticket to Bora Bora. My friend who booked this part of the trip was certain she was told that when we land we will have a boat pick us up and take us directly to the hotel. I’m sure it was a miscommunication. It cost $400 round trip each, including our 2 bags each as they don’t allow carry on. This was an unexpected expense and we weren’t happy about it.

Arrived in Bora bora which is beautiful, also “boring boring” depending on what you’re looking for. Took the boat and arrived at the hotel at approximately 10am. Check in is at 3pm... they allowed us to change and lock our bags and we went straight into the water. The water was cool & refreshing not cold like California and not hot like Tampa this time of year. They have SUP boards, floats snorkels to play on all inclusive.

Checked into our over water bungalow, it was beautiful. The over water window in the floor was cool, we asked for two beds but were given a king and we were shocked that the shower has NO curtain. It made sense for all the honeymooners there but we were on a girls birthday trip. Not romantic. Awkward!

Termites in the toilet room. For me it wasn’t a big deal just bugs crawling on my toilet paper but at least there was a door. ( sass)

The air conditioner wouldn’t turn on because we hadn’t closed the door completely although it looked shut and we slept hot the first night.

The massage my friend got she felt was over priced although she’s rarely pleased.

The food is $50 for the breakfast per person buffet...we had omelets and coffee
Lunch was $15-35
Mixed Drinks were $20+ beer $9+
Dinner was $40+ each

I took some excursions the island of bora bora keep excursion. It’s about 4 hours. Take water, take FPF as they take you to some places you may wanna get some souvenirs.

I also had booked the Moana shark snorkeling through trip advisor and I had the best time of my trip there!

I had a nice time over all... the resort could do more for entertainment. The tv had no cable and at night there’s nothing to do! The beach closed at 5, it’s all romantic, no live music, no dancing, no “bar”, no show. Boring.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank X8149UTtraceyw
Guestservice1905, Executive Secretary at Le Meridien Bora Bora, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Ia ora na Tracey,

We recognize your time is valuable and appreciate the feedback you have provided on this portal regarding your recent stay with us.
We regret you were not correctly informed that from Tahiti island, you had to take a domestic flight to reach Bora Bora with Air Tahiti and made it not the best start for your vacations in our island.
Le Méridien Bora Bora is an ideal retreat for anyone seeking exclusive and ultimate privacy, peace, tranquility, and eye-catching tropical beauty. Being a prime destination for honeymooners, our resort is as well ideal for families or friends' vacation.
All our bungalows may be set up with twin beds upon request and we regret we missed this opportunity to meet your expectations.
We regret as well to read that you would have expected more entertainment.
We propose a weekly program of animation such as live music, pool party, Polynesian dance show and we strive to find a fair balance between guests searching for relaxing time or distraction moments.
We appreciate your comments, and rest assured that we keep working on our entertainment offers to suit the most.
Thank you again for choosing us to accommodate you during your travels.
We hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you back to Bora Bora!

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

It’s our second time to visit Tahiti Bora Bora, it should be the most wonderful holiday place in our life ( Madiva Sheraton is good but not as good as Le Meridien). We are coming with our family , 2 kids(2 and 5 yrs old) parents in law. The hotel is magnificent beautiful. very friendly staffs, super nice food. I took the photos from my iphone only, you can see how beautiful is that. The most important thing is the services,everybody serving you with a big smile, it really makes my day. i will definitely come back again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Julianne L
GuestRelationsLMBB, Executive Secretary at Le Meridien Bora Bora, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Ia ora na Julianne,

Thank you for your loyalty, we are delighted you choose to stay again at Le Meridien Bora Bora with your family.
Our team strives to create special and memorable experience to our guests and we are glad we succeeded again.
We cannot wait to welcome you again , feel free to contact us on that occasion.