2,375 results
All reviews butler service te pahu oasis pool sushi the miri miri spa aparima bar far niente personal butler couples retreat golf cart premier overwater villa our honeymoon fish main island jean george swim up bar four seasons
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My husband and I stayed at the St Regis Bora Bora on our honeymoon in October 2010. We booked one of the deluxe overwater bungalows and since I'm an SPG member, we got the book four nights get the fifth one free option. This doesn't exactly justify the expense but hey, it's a once in a lifetime trip!

We flew in from Moorea and landed at the Bora Bora airport. I wish that JFK is like island airports - they are so relaxed! We found our big dive bag and were greeted by a St Regis employee who whisked away our bags, gave us leis and pointed us towards the giant yacht that was about to take us to heaven. That's right, a giant yacht. Once on board and underway, you fill out all the necessary paperwork for check in ON THE BOAT. When the yacht pulls up the dock at the St Regis, there are staff members there waiting for you. Two of the greeters hand out towels and one person is dedicated to showing just you the property and to your bungalow. Your luggage magically alights onto a golf cart and off you go!

When we got to our bungalow, both of our jaws fell to the floor. My husband and I have both been all over the world and stayed at places that are anywhere from a five star hotel, a castle, a youth hostel, a shack on the beach, military barracks and beyond. Nothing quite prepared either one of us for what we saw. The bungalow is an incredible, private Polynesian villa 100% over the water made out of local materials. There is a gigantic bathroom with a dressing area, dual sinks, vanity, shower, soaking tub and more and a huge bedroom with a king sized-bed, LCD tv, ipod hook up and french doors leading out onto the deck. If you continue down the hallway, you will find the living room with a couch, chairs, a dining table with chairs, another flat screen TV, local art work, a mini fridge, an espresso maker and (my personal favorite) a bottle of fine french champagne chilling on ice waiting for you. The living room also has french doors that open onto the deck. The deck has two loungers and a little hut with a table and four chairs underneath it (this is where we would have breakfast every morning!) with a swim platform (with a ladder and outdoor shower). To add to the ambience, the bungalows all have these plexiglass cutouts in the floor that allow the gorgeous sunshine to come streaming in, in the color of the unreal bora bora blue sea. Every night, we would return to our room to find a tin of cookies and flower petals all over the bed. Seriously. It is perhaps the most beautiful, most romantic and most relaxing place that I have ever gone.

While we were there we took full advantage of everything available - snorkeling in the lagoonarium, bike riding around the property, couples massage at the spa, using both pools (and the swim up bar!), the beach, we took the boat into town, etc. The food there was incredible - we had breakfast included as part of our package, which was a great idea. Every day started off with eggs, tropical fruits, coffee and other goodies. The Jean-Georges restaurant at hotel, Lagoon, is also up there with some of my favorite fine dining establishments in NYC or Paris. We did take the boat into town for dinner one evening, which is also available, which was also fabulous. Furthermore, I can not say enough about the staff there! They are all super friendly, super helpful and will go above and beyond to make sure that you are happy and taken care of.

Having said all of this, it's best to just hand over your credit card and not look at the bill until you are back in the real world because it's obviously a very pricey place to stay. We did go into town one day and hit up the local grocery store for nibbles to stash in the fridge and wine, which I imagine saved us a pretty penny.

Overall, this is, hands down, the best hotel experience that I have ever had. I am hoping that my husband and I are able to come back for our 10th anniversary to celebrate in style!

Room Tip: bust out your amex!
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
13  Thank KatGD
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My husband and I went to the St. Regis to celebrate our 17th anniversary. The water is amazing and the overwater bungalows are beautiful. When we checked in the service wasn't great. We didn't receive our room upgrade and it seemed that some of the staff were confused. We talked to the concierge about various activities to do that week and she seemed totally clueless on what to recommend. We determined that many of the staff were on French holiday as the service did improve somewhat after the first three days.

We had to call the manager the first night because we didn't have hot water in our bungalow. They did come and turn the hot water up and repair it but when you are spending over $1,200 a night, I would expect hot water to be there already.

The breakfast buffet in the morning is nice and was included in our American Express package. I would stronger suggest this as food is outrageously expensive. Many of the staff members don't speak fluent English and don't appear to know that poached and boiled eggs are two different things. In a resort like this, i would expect better table service and wait staff.

The pool bar server was terrible. He was extremely rude, lazy and arrogant. He wouldn't take your order for 10-15 minutes after you sat down and then was really slow and not helpful. He rolled his eyes when we ordered $8 beers instead of $25 cocktails.

On a positive note, the resort is very clean, private and relaxing. Swimming off your private balcony is very nice as well.

The spa was nice but not anything like i would expect in a place like this. Nothing special about it except for the beautiful view outside.After staying in Banyan Tree resorts and other comparable resort/spas, the St Regis Spa is middle of the road.

The food at the resort restaurants was okay/good but not worth the price. Surprisingly, they don't have good seafood in Bora, Bora. The snorkeling is amazing and the fish are brightly colored and beautiful to look at but not good to eat. They didn't offer fresh lobster or fresh shrimp on the menu. We had parrot fish one night because the waitress recommended it but it was just okay not wonderful.

We had a nice trip, loved the blue water and the snorkeling but won't return to this resort for all the reasons mentioned. We have been all over the world and this truly was the worse service for the price that we have ever received. They forgot our anniversary and when we checked out didn't seem to mind that we had several negative comments.
If we do return to Bora, Bora again, we are going to check out the Four Seasons.

6  Thank TheTiredTravellers
Reviewed 18 July 2011

May wife and I spent 7 nights at the St. Regis Bora Bora for our honeymoon. The Hotel was truly amazing. From Landing in Bora Bora till take off you are contently being looked after by a member of the St. Regis staff.

Overall the hotel is Amazing. Ideal destination if you are looking for a place to relax and enjoy one of the most beautiful places on earth in an intimate and private environment.

The rooms: The overwater Villas are really beautiful, large and very private. Each villa has its own private deck leading the sea with fantastic views.

The Restaurants: The hotel has 3 restaurants and 2 bars. They all are excellent one of the bars offers snacks by the beach, which is excellent for a light lunch. Villa Mahana is an excellent restaurant on the main island, which is well worth visiting; the food was out of this world.

Loads to do: Swimming, water sports, sailing, canoeing, Snorkeling and any of the vast excursions the hotels have on offer.

Our only regret is that we didn't book for 10 nights. We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: All the overwater villas are amazing
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mattport
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We spent 6 days here for our 10th wedding anniversary. We absolutely loved the resort! The entire staff was truly friendly and accommodating. Everything was flawless. The food was fantastic, from breakfast to late night in-room dining. The water off the villas was crystal clear and calm, and the color is indescribable! Would definitely recommend the St. Regis!!!!

1  Thank Mark_Patty
Reviewed 12 July 2011

The pictures don't do the property justice. The over the water bungalows are amazing. There is no need to leave your bungalow everything thing you need is there. It has amazing view, large screen television, a balcony to jump into the ocean from, a nice a very nice entertainment system to enjoy your own music and room service. I would come back regularly, but the flight is so long from New York is too long. We stopped on our why to Australia, and I think it is a good way to break up the flight. I love this place. The only down side is that the St Regis Bora Bora is expensive.

4  Thank Brandonfel