US$104
US$120
US$110
US$80
  • Breakfast included
Blue Vision Diving Hotel(Marsa Alam)(Great Value!)
US$38
  • Breakfast included
Blue Reef Red Sea Resort(Marsa Alam)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$130
US$96
  • Breakfast included
Abu Dabbab Lodge(Marsa Alam)
US$49
US$134
US$99
US$70
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Aurora Bay Resort(Marsa Alam)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$29
TripAdvisor
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$44/night.

1,625 results
All reviewsdiving centeranimation teamfire showpalm umbrellasaqua aerobicgreat animatorsclub dancechoose this hotelawesome holidaymeat and fishlong pierquiet weeknice beachcoral reefbig roomevening programfakir show
Reviewed 28 November 2017

If you go to the same hotel in Egypt for couple of times, you are usually disappointed with each next time, as with deepening crises and indiscriminative application of All Inclusive system these hotels inevitably declines. Not always though. Half a year ago I went with my friends to Elphistone hotel for a first time and was not particularly impressed. My previous review reflected this partial dissatisfaction. But because of the diving center we gave it a second chance.
At first I was really angry at myself as the rooms we were initially issued were probably the worst I saw for a long time. I thought that this voyage was ultimately ruined but Waleid at reception saved the day. Or rather next 11 days. As it turned out the hotel had been short on rooms, nonetheless the next day we were given three new rooms which for this hotel’s value are well above average.
Other major improvement is the buffet. Times of feeding crowd with one tuna can is thankfully over. BBQ is great and tasty and pasta chef doing a great job. Again coming back to value/quality issue it is fairly adequate.
To be short: I would recommend Elphistone hotel due to improving service, money/quality value, and great house reef. The next part of this review is rather for hotel management to which I am thankful for their job.
Recently and understandably it is rare occasion in Egypt but Elphistone hotel is getting better. Being positively surprised, I decided to give these advices to the hotel management how they can continue to keep up with making Elphistone hotel a better place. Please look at it as to opportunities.
1. Rooms. There is no hotel in the world whereby all rooms are good. It has been some time since Elphistone hotel has been built so there are good rooms and bad rooms. And its not about sea view, or complimentary stuff, its about basics. Guys, if you cant make room 4-star qualified, don’t show it to anyone. The building’s “E” third floor (second floor for you my beloved British readers) should be restored or closed altogether with “enter on your own risk” sign. The difference between good rooms and “not so good” rooms can not be drastic; it’s the same hotel in the end.
2. Small stuff. Elphistone hotel has been blessed with good and organized territory (and more so with the house reef), however it will not maintain itself. Bad beach chair here, missing light bulb there, cracked this or broken that – it does not cost as much money as it ultimately ruins the impression. Take for example entry gates, about 2/3 of decoration lights are out. It is not only the local people that are passing by, there are tens of hotels along the road, their guests are moving to tours, shopping etc – each time they see this gate what impression they have? Probably they will think that it is good that they choose another place. First impression is still important, why not make it better?
3. Beach bar and snacks. Or rather their absence. Beach bar is definitely place to improve and as many people only come to Egypt to spend most of the time on the beach it makes this bar is one of the key-criteria for them to come back. And bad snacks are worse than no snacks at all. This is probably expensive but it will worth to make a difference here: the beach bar and snacks has to be reinvented in Elphistone hotel.
4. Ice-cream. You don’t need to have fancy expensive ice-cream, just do what everybody else does: put these 4 Nestle flavors available for couple of hours a day and your hotel will be a much happier place. It doesn't cost a fortune. For 2 weeks I saw an Ice cream only once during dinner. Unforgivable.
5. Lunch boxes. Not as important like in Hurghada or Sharm where they transfer tourists in big buses and people can compare hotels by comparing their lunch boxes. But still you can make better impression by putting good stuff in it. Also stop putting that food in rooms for newcomers who missed their dinner. What we found was really scary, better just put some fruits or candy bar.
6. Jetty. House reef is one of the points why people do choose this hotel, so it was really nice to put new stairs there. Though it shouldn’t have taken a week. Next time bring 10 soldiers instead of an engineer and they will do it in a day. Nonetheless end part of the jetty should have more tents, lights and be cleaner.
7. Buffet. It is already a better place, however it can be even more so if there will be more of longer tables for groups. Also absence of dietary products is disturbing.
8. Soft drinks. It was a first time in 10 years coming to Egypt I saw and tasted local brand of cola. Thank you for the experience, however we could have skipped it for usual Coke or Pepsi. I understand that it is price issue, but really Coke isn’t that expensive in Egypt.
And once again, thanks for good time and I hope that the next one will be even better!

Room Tip: Building "I" is quite OK
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank AndyNagorny
ElphistoneResort, Manager at Elphistone Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

Dear Valuable Guest,
I would like to thank you for your great comment and the important recommended points.
Also kindly be informed that, we are in process right now to maintain and renovate the hotel rooms, public areas adding values to the hotel facilities
We promise to put in our consideration, each point of the recommended points in your review.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Honestly a wonderful hotel in terms of all services starting from prices, reception, rooms, eating, cleanliness and other services of the hotel and the reception of the hotel staff everything is more than wonderful ..
thank you for the good reception, especially Mr. Mohamed Osman for taste in dealing with us and we wish you more

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
ElphistoneResort, Manager at Elphistone Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear Valuable Guest,
I would like to thank you for your great comment, and will do our best to make you more satisfied, we want to see you again

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Hi everybody!
I would like to provide this fantastic hotel to everybody! It's no matter you are coming with family, your friends, with your love or single... everybody can find the perfect way to enjoying the holiday time.
The restaurant, foods and staffs are very nice and friendly. Reception is helpful and flexible in any time when you need.
Animation team is fantastic and make every time smiles in your face.
Red see is amazing beautiful, beach is clean with a lot of facilities.
Rooms are big, lightly and clean. Room service is super good.
The one thing what I would like to say to the direction is : please free Wifi

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

It was my first time in this hotel . We come 9 person with children. Room is good and clean. Tv was old ,but it’s ok. Food in restaurant are different and tasty,but I want ask about more sushi next time beach in this hotel very big and comfortable. My sisters and brothers went to kids club every day and we also went to aktiviti from animation team! Lena,Dasha,Igor ,Vigas and Joe are so cool!!! Comedy show was so so cool!!! I like this place and my family! We saw dolphins and sharks,tortillas and skate) we all enjoyed! We will come back! Dasha,we will miss you!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2017

Snorkeling is very good at the reef. At the end of the bridge at the reef are some sunbeds and it's a good place to relax. Food was good. My room was big from where I could watch a nice sunrise. Staff from the Massage Center was a bit pushy (Mr. Aladin). If you want to do some trips for snorkeling check the diving center. I was just asking about options and it seemed to me prices were reasonable. I didn't book with them as I was there only for two nights.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo