US$203
Agoda.com
US$170
US$199
Chinook Wind Cabins(Talkeetna)(Great Value!)
US$210
Talkeetna Hideaway(Talkeetna)(Great Value!)
US$130
Meandering Moose Lodging(Talkeetna)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$125
US$249
US$135
All reviewsjams and jelliesnext morninga great place to stayreneerodpondmtdenalipropertyhosts
Reviewed 14 June 2016

The house was easy to find and well maintained. The property was lovely and the room was comfortably furnished. Renee greeted us and showed us to our room. She made sure we understood the rules - and there were LOTS of them! Breakfast was tasty and Renee accommodated my food allergies which I appreciated.

However, the photos are a bit misleading as the rooms are actually on the second floor but the owners live on the third floor above. Which means that although we booked the Moose room to be away from traffic noise (we could still hear it just fine) at 6:30am we also heard the owner in hard-soled shoes walking around their hard floor kitchen - so no sleeping in for us.
The other issue that bothered me a bit was upon arriving, I explained I was very tired. Renee said there were others staying there but if I had a problem with noise, it was MY responsibility to ask Her guests to quiet down. Fortunately, their noise was never an issue but it put me in an uncomfortable position.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Renee T, Owner at McKinley View B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2016

Thank you so much for your review of our B&B. I would just like to respond to some of the issues you had at our place. As far as the noise from other guest I do not recall saying it was Your responsibility to ask them to tone it down. I did say it was OK to ask them to tone it down. I'm sorry I made you fill uncomfortable about that. But sometime I can not hear our guest below us talking loud or having their TV loud. Unless the other guest comes and tells us or I come down stairs and hear it. At that time I would ask the other guest to please quiet it down some. Yes our part of the house is on the third floor but we hear the road noise as well if our windows are open. I did look back at your reservation there were concerns about some allergies that someone in your party had. But there was never anything asking if one of our rooms was more quiet then another room. If you had asked that I would have told you the Bear room is the furthermost room from the Parks Hwy. If windows are open in any room you can hear road noise for sure. I've not noticed the noise when windows are closed but maybe I'm use to it by now. As for the noise in the am, when I do check in my guest it's part of my routine. I tell guest who are in the moose room that they are below my kitchen and I TRY to stay as quiet as I can in the morning while making breakfast. One thing I do is put on my tennis shoes when I'm almost done cooking and about to come down the stairs. I'm sorry that you heard me, I do try to be quiet. Last we do have rules in this B&B and they are in place for a reason. Some are there because others have forced us to put them there, others are there because this is our home as well. We want it to be a nice and clean place for all to use and not abuse. Again I'm sorry you had these issue and I will in the future make sure other guest do not have the same . It is important to know these things so we can improve for our future guest. It was nice meeting you and having you here, I do wish you the very best in your future.

Reviewed 31 July 2015

Rene is friendly and welcoming, the rooms are cute as can be. The view of McKinley is awesome and the breakfast was excellent. Rene also gave us a rundown on history and local attractions. The property is beautiful. We will certainly stay again when in the area

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2015

We were welcomed warmly after a long day of travel by the innkeeper Renee. She was pleasant and like an old, dear friend. We received recommendations on local restaurants for dinner and were given great advise as to finding Mt. McKinley from her backyard. It was a delight coming back from Talkeetna for dinner (Wildflower), and seeing the mountain making an appearance. 10 p.m. we enjoyed complete daylight and a spectacular view! I would highly recommend this as a stopping point outside the park because there is nothing for another 2 hours. It's not far from Talkeetna so you can have dinner there, but it's away from the crowds and very welcoming and relaxing. The room was cozy, comfortable and provided a private bath with shower. Breakfast was freshly prepared and offered local favorites and fresh fruit from Renee's garden. We left no crumbs. It was everything we needed for a night on the way to Denali. Thank you for making it great Renee. Next time we visit, we'll put your place on the list of must-do's.

Stayed: July 2015
Reviewed 18 May 2015

This B & B has many qualities going for it. First, the owner, Rene, is very friendly. She came out to greet us when we drove up and made us feel right at home. She is also a wonderful host and a great cook. The B & B is very comfortable and peaceful. It is not a log cabin but don't let that stop you from booking with Rene. It is so worth the value! The view of Mt. Mckinley is spectacular! We spent two nights here and will definitely stay here again if we're ever near Trapper Creek, AK, again.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2015

Rene is awesome. The food is outstanding. You cannot find a more friendly person to stay with. The internet is fast and they have a well marked trail for riding out to the east west expressway right from their drive. The is ample room for your trailer and the drive is very well maintained. The rooms are perfect temperature and what a view!! This is one awesome place to stay and we try and come every time we can. You will not be disappointed with this place.

Room Tip: The moose room has a beautiful view when it is clear.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple