“One night stay in Bisbee”

Oliver House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 13 Bisbee B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 April 2017

Found this B & B on-line. The price was right and there were very positive reviews on it's website. With one night, we thought we would take a chance. Our room had a queen sized bed and bathroom, which we wanted. The room itself was nothing fancy, but seriously, we were only there to sleep. What made this experience so remarkable is Trish, the owner. She knows the history of Bisbee and the surrounding area, knows all the restaurants and made us breakfast - to order. (Which was excellent)

Oliver House is off the main drag, so there was no street noise, and I did read that some of the Bed & Breakfasts in town had that as a complaint. It was tricky finding how to get into the building, but Trish saw us from her window and guided us in.

Room Tip: No tv in our room, I assume the rooms didn't have tvs. Bring a laptop if you want to watch a mo...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Loved the Oliver house while in bisbee , great hospitality and bisquits and gravy for breakfast were great! A lot of history and the most haunted bed and breakfast there. Ask the owner about it! Oliver the great Pyrenees's will greet you as you walk in ❤ great views on the balcony over looking the town . Would definitely stay again ..ohhh and very reasonable .

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2017

My partner and I stayed at the Oliver House approximately three weeks ago and were extremely disappointed. Since the town itself is so confusing to navigate, we decided to try and locate the B&B upon our arrival to Bisbee around 1:00 PM. In fact, it was so difficult to find that we eventually had to stop a local person and ask them "Where is the Oliver House?" She laughed and said this happens CONTINUALLY (be warned). When we arrived approximately an hour and a half prior to formal check-in time, the owner Trish answered the door and appeared disheveled and confused about what we were doing there so early. It was an odd beginning to our one-night stay. We were also extremely surprised that we were the only guests in the entire B&B.considering how busy the town was. We were also quite surprised to learn that we had no shower and only a clawfoot tub in our room. The web site must have been changed to reflect this after our stay, because it was clearly not clearly stated when we booked our room. We were also told that the home was extremely haunted, but I can guarantee that our stay in room 13 was NOT HAUNTED AT ALL. Lastly, there was VERY limited parking at the facility, such that we were afraid to move our car and instead walked into town. After we were unable to connect to her Internet for hours, we called and left a message and Trish never responded to us. We went on to leave another message, again with no response from Trish. This was all happening at 9:00 PM. We actually tried to leave and found out that the Copper Queen Hotel was full, with a waiting list. And the Oliver House was empty except for us? This speaks volumes. In the end we stayed, but were extremely unhappy that our phone calls were ignored. The next morning Trish informed us that we were having eggs benedict and I had to specify to her that I am ALLERGIC TO EGGS BENEDICT. She never once inquired as to what might work for us and was working on her own agenda. What I gathered from the entire experience is that Trish is new to the B&B world and she does not understand that the guest should be treated respectfully and according to their needs, not her own. We paid approximately $125.00 for this awful experience and would never repeat it again. Be warned if you decide upon the Oliver House B&B that it is not what you think it is.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Tricia C, Owner at Oliver House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

I would first like to apologize for Bisbee being confusing and little parking, however this town was constructed in the late 1800's when only horses and foot traffic were available. I was confused when you showed up early because I simply was not expecting you. Once you saw your room and made the comment about the tub I offered you another room and you declined. On the haunted part, I know I told you as I do with all guests that it is not Disneyland, the likelihood of you having an experience is slim unless it is during the time of one of the "events". Breakfast option was mitigated, and you ate it. Now the WIFI issue, someone took out a line and no one had wifi or phone until about 10:30-11 that next day. The copper queen was full because they had a wedding party. Your phone calls were ignored because I was out at a meeting talking about future events. So very sorry I was not sitting waiting for your needs to be met. I arrived home around 9:30, walked up, knocked on your door and asked if everything was ok. You simply yelled that the internet was not working, I said sorry but it is out all around there is nothing I could do. And yes I am new to the B&B world, I only have two years experience. Over the two years I have not had gusts like you, most are amazing self sufficient adults who understand that this town, house, and all things Bisbee are like stepping back in time making you dissconect from the outside world. We move slower, we love everyone, and we tend to not let things as parking, spotty wifi, and quiet ruin our day. Also I would like to thank you for the new catchphrase " Oliver House not what you think it is" absolutely correct.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

My wife wanted to stay at the Copper Queen but they only had room for one night. We ended up booking the Oliver House B&B for the second night and I wish we had spent both nights there! The Copper Queen was overpriced, with small rooms, thin walls, noisy street and bar underneath. This place was only a block away in a quieter area and is full of history!
The host was awesome and entertained us in the morning with stories from the area. The rooms were super clean and had a lot of character (and a few are haunted if you're into this). The house in itself is very well renovated and over 100 years old. We didn't touch the car for 2 days since it's located right downtown. Highlight recommend it, will stay there again!

Room Tip: Get in Room 9 or 13 for some ghost activity!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2016

Great location up in the hills above Bisbee, but super super walking distance close to everything. (We came in late at night, and it's a little hard to find, but we got there!) Tricia is amazing, her breakfast is AMAZING, it was so much fun to spend time in the house chatting with her and hearing about the history of the house and Bisbee in general. We had a blast exploring Bisbee and she gave great suggestions around the city and a day trip to go hiking.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple