“A really great stay...”

Comfort Inn - Chandler / Phoenix South
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in Chandler
Reviewed 13 February 2017

I have traveled quite a bit due to being in the travel industry and this hotel stay rivals some of the 4 and 5 star hotels I have stayed in. I felt safe and the area was convenient with nice options for food. M Mille checked me in and she went above and beyond for us at check-in by fixing an issue that I inadvertently cause d that could have ruined our entire trip. She was a sweetheart and offered the best customer-service I have had in a long time. The breakfast attendant was so attentive and always had a smile on her face which I appreciated A LOT. The breakfast was good and offered a good variety. The room was clean and looks to have been renovated recently. The grounds and interior were also very clean and in order. I have no complaints and would stay here again and again!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Connie S, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Chandler / Phoenix South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

Ms. Huff,
Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn Chandler during your recent stay. We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel and Melinda's customer service. We hope that you continue to stay with us during your future visits.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Our room was small and cramped but since we were only there to sleep it was passable. It was clean though. The "hot" breakfast was a joke. The first morning the the eggs were barely warm. They appeared to be pre-cooked and not fresh. There were no bagels and few pastries. The second morning was scrambled eggs, also barely warm. If it weren't for the waffle maker we would have gone to a restaurant for breakfast. The Choice low price guarantee has many restrictions and is a joke. I found a Groupon cheaper and was told that didn't qualify. A couple of days later I cancelled the original reservation (booked on the Choice web site) and re-booked (also on the Choice web site) for almost $20 a night less and $7.35 less than Groupon. I re-booked because of the great reviews about the breakfast which ended up disappointing. I've stayed at other choice hotels that were excellent but this one did not meet my expectations.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Michael,
Thank you for your review and comments. We appreciate your run down of your reservation process to arrive at our hotel. Please keep in mind that we do not always offer discounted rate plans. Our breakfast hours are 6am-9am Monday through Friday and 7am-10am Saturday & Sunday. We apologize that you did not enjoy your breakfast during your 2 day stay. Thank you for being a Choice member and your loyalty to the brand.

Reviewed 8 February 2017

I was in town to watch MMA fights at the Wild Horse Pass Casino. Not only was the Comfort Inn a 5 minute Lyft ride away, the friendly woman at the front desk offered a code for a free ride. Staying here saved me a lot by not having to stay at the casino, it also offered a very decent breakfast that included eggs, sausage, excellent coffee and fresh fruit. Oh yea and those sinful waffles... that was nice.
From my observation the place is very family friendly as there was a mix of friendly folks taking advantage of the complimentary meal.
The hotel is also walking distance from several eateries and shopping centers.
The rooms were updated and clean. It is also easy to locate from 1-10 which is nice after a long drive from out of town.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Connie S, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Chandler / Phoenix South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2017

Dear Dr. Pepper ;-)
Thank you for your review and comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn Chandler Phoenix South. We are glad that our Staff was helpful and friendly. We hope to see you again during your next visit to Chandler.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

Our arrival left much to be desired. Felt pretty much ignored when my husband and I entered the hotel and stood in front of the gal on the desk for a good 10 minutes while she chatted with another gal who may have been a guest and she took 3 phone calls before speaking to us.

The pet room we had was very small, dark, the bathroom was ancient with the bathtub peeling and rust around the bottom of it, and there was a distinct odour that I couldn’t identify. Seemed to be a cleaning product to mask either mustiness or pet urine. Also, for a large chain hotel you’d think they’d have an abundance of towels. There were 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels and 2 facecloths.

We paid a pet fee of $20 per night which doesn’t make sense to me. $20 per visit yes but $20 per night?? Why??

Certainly not one of my better hotel experiences but the hotel lobby and breakfast area was bustling so I'll chalk our experience up to being put in a "pet room". I get the feeling that if we didn't have a pet and were given any other room in the hotel our experience would have been more pleasant.

Bottom line, I may give this hotel another chance if I'm in the area again.

Stayed: January 2017
Connie S, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Chandler / Phoenix South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Dear Guest,
We appreciate your review and comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn Chandler Phoenix South. Whether you booked on TripAdvisor or Choicehotels.com, Expedia or Booking.com, our Pet Policy states there is a fee, to call the hotel for the fee or the policy is listed.
TripAdvisor:
Bring your best friend: This Comfort Inn is a pet-friendly hotel. Call head to find out about any fees.
Choicehotels.com:
Pet accommodation: $20.00 USD per pet, per night; Limit of 2 pets per room. Pets are allowed in designated pet-friendly rooms only. Pet-friendly rooms are limited. No pets are allowed in suites.
Expedia.com & Hotels.com:
Pets
Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 20.00 per pet, per night Dogs only 2 per room (up to 75 lb)Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Booking.com:
Pets
Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
Please note: Pets are welcome with prior authorization. Please contact hotel for pet policies and applicable charges.
We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations.
We hope that you will consider your next stay with us.

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

We spent one night at this Comfort Inn, and as per my review a couple of years ago when I last stayed here, the hotel was clean, the beds and pillows were comfortable and the hotel was quiet at night. Check in and check out was quick and easy. And, you can't beat the price I paid - $88 including tax.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Connie S, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Chandler / Phoenix South, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

Dear Howard,
Thank you for your review and comments. We are glad that we met your expectations and you enjoyed our comfortable guestroom. We hope that you consider staying with us during your next visit to Chandler.
Connie Saber

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler
Chandler Southgate Hotel
#17 of 34 in Chandler
Quality Inn
#24 of 34 in Chandler
Ahwatukee Foothills
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler

Been to Comfort Inn - Chandler / Phoenix South? Share your experiences!