“Great addition to the other venues in Cottonwood”

Verde Valley Olive Oil Traders
Ranked #1 of 18 Shopping in Cottonwood
More attraction details
Owner description: Our retail store, located in the center of the Historic District of Old Town Cottonwood, has become a dream come true that started for us in the spring of 2010. Main Street in Old Town Cottonwood is a pedestrian friendly two blocks of historic looking shops that include four wine tasting rooms, featuring Arizona's finest wines, popular restaurants, an artesian bakery, and an eclectic collection of clothing, antique and specialty shops. Each of our 20 varieties of olive oils are specifically selected and imported from both the northern and southern hemispheres to provide our in-store guests and on-line shoppers with the most recently produced and healthiest oils available anywhere. We only purchase our fresh olive oils in small batches to insure ultimate freshness. This is why our selection of imported olive oils will change from season to season. We also import a variety of white and red balsamic condiment vinegars from Modena, Italy. Each of these are aged up to 18 years produced using the traditional Solera method yielding a rich smooth product unlike balsamic vinegars found in your grocery store. We have also sourced and sell a delicious White Truffle Oil (Liquid Gold) and Black Truffle Sea Salt along with other unique culinary delights. If you are looking for a gift but aren't sure what to buy - we offer gift certificates good towards any purchase - and they never expire! Check our website often as there is always something new, including seasonal products and recipe and gift ideas.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We are interested in olive oils but we learned so much about Balsamic vinegars as well.
We have visited the Arizona olive mills in Queen Creek but this store carries very special oils and vinegars (and other things) from around the world. Christopher was very helpful.

Mike K, Owner at Verde Valley Olive Oil Traders, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our shop. You are correct, our olive oils and balsamic vinegars are very special. We import only the freshest olive oils from around the world that are harvested and processed at the peak of ripeness.

We are very proud of the fact that our business, that opened 8 years ago, was a pioneer among new businesses opening in Old Town Cottonwood.

Glad to hear that Christopher was helpful during your visit.

All reviews
"sales person"
"truffle salt"
"store carries"
in 2 reviews
"great place to experience"
"honey ginger"
"last stop"
"wine tasting"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 4 June 2018

We have been here many times and are never disappointed. Christopher helped us this last time Nd he was very knowledgeable about how to use the different oils.
I never buy salad dressing anymore, I make it from the great combinations of vinegars and oils. I use it on vegetables either before I roasted or after. I use them for marinades. Prices I think are reasonable. When you look at other oil company’s or even speciality oils or vinegars in the grocery store it isn’t any different ex pet you get a premium oil or vinegar for the price. You won’t be disappointed and if traveling, they will ship to you. Be cautious however if you live in the southwest of AZ, I’d wait til the temps come down. Better to take with you. And if your traveling with wine or oil and vinegars, don’t leave them in a hot car, you’ll be very disappointed.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

What a surprise! My husband and I decided to shop downtown Cottonwood and came across this store. We weren't pressed for time so we went on in. Received a super warm greeting by employee working there. Could tell she takes pride in her work. Spent time asking us about what we like to cook so she could make suggestions for us to sample. Crazy to think about sampling oil and vinegar but there were so many flavors and it was a lot of fun. The fudge samples were amazing also. Definitely enjoyed It!

Reviewed 17 May 2018

We saw the store in the evening when hit was closed for Mother's Day, went back the next day and talked with Destiny; she was very helpful, she let me try any oil or vinegar I wanted, told me how to pair the oils with the vinegars. For a simple, healthy salad dressing, putting together infused tastes in the oils and vinegars can't be beat!