“Great Location But Has Really Gone Downhill”
Review of Ramada Glendale

Ramada Glendale
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed 1 November 2015

Ok so last year my friend and I did a Vegas/Phoenix trip and we stayed here for 3 nights last year. This hotel was great. More a motel layout. Clean room, fridge, microwave, location is awesome with about 12 restaurant and bars to walk to, Target to walk to, you name it the retail is around there and Arrowhead Mall beside it.
So this year we decided again to do the same trip and stay here for 3 nights again. Pulled up, looks the same, walked in the front to check in, low and behold the same woman working from last year. So cool. Staff is the same, friendly and quick check in. Off to the room 112. Walk in and the room was clean. But we look up and the ceiling had alot of water stains and a patchworked hole. There must have been a pipe burst on the 2nd floor. But wow, the ceiling looked so bad. The carpeting looked very worn too. The beds were still comfy like before, the AC was great too. I am wondering if there is going to be any upgrades in this place. Also the roof had a ton of pigeons on it. Then on our third day as I sat on the other edge of the bed it seemed to lower down more than the opposite side. I checked and low and behold, the box spring was broken. When we checked out and I said we might be back again at the sametime next year the girl told me that they will be under a new name as the owner is either going with Days Inn or Super 8. Now my guess is because the standards do not meet up to the Ramada? Days Inn and Super 8 are lower in standards than Ramada. I do hope that there are some renovations made to this property because the location and staff are awesome. But if the rooms are going to be subpar like this, then I think we may end up going elsewhere.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor rooms are probably quieter and better
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 October 2015

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2015

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2015

I called the Ramada prior to my vacation there to inform them of my hesitation in booking with Ramada because of all the terrible reviews I have read online. After my stay there, unfortunately I have to confirm that the Ramada was bad.

There was one person at the front desk. I had to wait 15 minutes for her to take care of the one person in front of me before she could help me. Once she did help me, it took another 10 minutes or so to get checked in. I went up to my room to open the door and it didn't work. I had to go back downstairs for her to re-key the door after waiting for her to finish helping someone else. I had this key card unable to open the door problem 3x on this trip.

Despite the reviews, we did stay at this hotel because my son's baseball team decided to stay here. There was a domestic disturbance on the 2nd floor. A lady was carrying a stick walking back and forth the second floor, as well as the first floor of the parking area. Parents informed the front desk clerk of the lady carrying the stick and the domestic issue. She was extremely slow in calling the police. The police was called in the afternoon to the Ramada because the man abused the lady. The police came again the next day, and again the next night. As we had our minor children staying at the Ramada, we were extremely concerned about this domestic issue and unhappy about how the Ramada did not take care of this safety issue more expeditiously.

Also, the fitness room has three machines, all of which did not work.

Yikes, stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends