“Hate to say it.....”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

I wanted to experience some old Route 66 spots. I should have skipped this one. Restaurant was a step above nasty. Service was terrible but food came out fast. Food was ok, we ate it, but no way would return or recommend. Really hate it but want to be honest.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

This is a very old and small restaurant, part of which is a "gift" shop. This was not a good experience. We walked in behind a party of 4. When the "waitress" brought us the menus, she spilled water on the table, which was never wiped up. Before we ordered a family of 6 came in and were seated next to us.

My husband and I both ordered the same meal. We waited a long time for our drinks. We were told the soda machine was being refilled, but I had ordered ice tea. Whenever the "waitress" came out of the kitchen, she would stand in the room and call out what she was holding. I guess she couldn't remember who ordered what, or what table she was suppose to serve. She did this every time, unbelievable. My meal came first, and my husband's was a good 10 minutes after mine, and we had ordered the same thing. When she went to serve me, she dropped the plate on the table, or it may have slipped out of her hand, in any case thankfully the plate didn't break, and most of the food stayed on the plate.

The family of 6 had is even worse than us. They ate in pieces because their food came out at different time intervals, and twice things had to be sent back because they were wrong. Part of their table was done eating before some even got their food. It got to be funny after a while, at least for us. I don't think the other table thought it was funny.

After we ate a young boy about 10 came up to our table and asked it we needed anything else. He was very polite, but his shirt was filthy, not very appetizing. We asked for the check. When we went to pay an elderly man was behind the counter, which is in the "gift" shop portion of the restaurant, and his shirt was even dirtier than the boys. UGH.

Only reason I gave it 2 stars was because the food was good. I would not
recommend this place or ever go back.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We had this place pegged as one of our stops on Route 66. The food was good, but the service was sub par. I ordered an open face Hot Beef Sandwich on Whole Wheat bun, with mashed potatoes and gravy, but was served white bread bun. Jan ordered grilled chicken and green salad. Our meal included Corn Chips and Salsa. We had to request our non alcoholic beer twice before we actually got it. The food was good.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

On our way to The Petrified Forest, we stopped along Rte. 66 for lunch in Holbrook, at Joe & Aggie’s. It’s a small, no frills place with decent Mexican plates, and very good chips and salsa. Service was very good.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

I had the chorizo and scrambled eggs and my husband had the huevos rancheros, both were very good! Great flavours. Coffee was good. Service was efficient and friendly, prices reasonable.