“Not worth a return visit”
Review of Seaview Lion Park

Seaview Lion Park
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We recently holidayed in Port Elizabeth and after having debated what to do, we thought it may be nice to take the children to the park. We saw plenty of young giraffes and some buck and then parked our vehicles to the enclosure where the tiger is kept and where the lions are. Thereafter we thought we would have a bite to eat at the restuarant/curio shop. There are just the basic toasted sandwiches etc on offer. The curio shop is grossly overpriced. I would much rather support the other game parks in and around Port Elizabeth and found the whole visit a bit of a rip off.

4  Thank Mands007
in 9 reviews
"creatures"
"info"

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I return to SA every 3 years and each time I bring my family back to good old Port Elizabeth (bod of my favourite cities). We visit the park every time we come back to PE. I was somewhat dismayed to see the astronomical increase in gate fees and then the one on one animal interaction fees! Outrageous- R50 suddenly increased to R350 in 3 years! The experience with the cub was terrible for my 4 year old and husband - we were first on the list for the day, but 4 volunteers had frightened the cub so much already they couldn't get near it. On arriving at the park at opening time, we were asked to wait 45 minutes while volunteers ate their breakfast in front of us. The staff were not very helpful, neither did they seem well informed of various activities around the place. I doubt our family will be returning to visit in the future.

7  Thank Sammjamm
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

The park starts with a game drive through giraffe and other bok. Then you can park and walk through the predator camp. Then into the restaurant area where you can walk a boardwalk through the interaction area. You can purchase different interactions with tiger cubs, lion cubs, and caracal.

Many other reviews complain about small cage sizes. Cage sizes are adequate and provide for great viewing. It's a lion park with cage sizes much like many other lion parks in South Africa. There are no advertisements for large savannah setting so it is not the parks fault that these people had false expectations.

Entrance to the park is reasonably priced at R60 with the animal encounters priced from R100 to R350. A great day trip in Port Elizabeth.

2  Thank Nikki5555
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Its a zoo, no one explain why the animals are there, what are the goal of the place.. terrible. you can take pictures with baby animals, but each one has different price, I felt like buying clothes...

The only good things is there you can see a lot of giraffes near the parking area.

6  Thank Natalia P