“Lazy Lions”
Review of Seaview Lion Park

Seaview Lion Park
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I am surprised to read the review by imtrigirl - she obviously hit a bad day ! We have visited this venue on a few occasions - you can drive through the one lion enclosure and sure, the lions are lazy, but sometimes inquisitive enough that they jump up against your car, which is what happened to us once, with the lion peering through the back window at my grandchild ! Presumably, it is best to visit before feeding time. The young cubs are adorable, but it is expensive to be allowed to enter their enclosure for a play session. I am not sure which month we last visited, have stated September as a wild guess.

1  Thank Jenny S
in 8 reviews
"safari"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2014

What a waste of time and cab fare! Arriving, there wasn't even anyone to direct me what to do. So I just walked around "watching" sleeping lions in big cages. I could see this at a zoo. Don't even bother going! Super waste of time!

8  Thank imtrigirl
Reviewed 12 February 2014

excellent game park with so many different lions and other animals to see - held baby tiger which was amazing will def return

4  Thank anlou1
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We recently holidayed in Port Elizabeth and after having debated what to do, we thought it may be nice to take the children to the park. We saw plenty of young giraffes and some buck and then parked our vehicles to the enclosure where the tiger is kept and where the lions are. Thereafter we thought we would have a bite to eat at the restuarant/curio shop. There are just the basic toasted sandwiches etc on offer. The curio shop is grossly overpriced. I would much rather support the other game parks in and around Port Elizabeth and found the whole visit a bit of a rip off.

4  Thank Mands007
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I return to SA every 3 years and each time I bring my family back to good old Port Elizabeth (bod of my favourite cities). We visit the park every time we come back to PE. I was somewhat dismayed to see the astronomical increase in gate fees and then the one on one animal interaction fees! Outrageous- R50 suddenly increased to R350 in 3 years! The experience with the cub was terrible for my 4 year old and husband - we were first on the list for the day, but 4 volunteers had frightened the cub so much already they couldn't get near it. On arriving at the park at opening time, we were asked to wait 45 minutes while volunteers ate their breakfast in front of us. The staff were not very helpful, neither did they seem well informed of various activities around the place. I doubt our family will be returning to visit in the future.

7  Thank Sammjamm