Monarch Hotel(Johannesburg)
US$108
US$77
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$96/night.

Genesis All-Suite Hotel(Johannesburg)
US$114
US$103
US$155
US$135
  • Pool
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$161/night.

Motel Mi Pi CHi(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$63
Thaba Eco Hotel(Johannesburg)
US$108
US$94
Agoda.com
The Reef Hotel(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$42
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed here for the first night of our reunion after 4 months apart. The apartment was clean, very spacious but still generously and comfortably furnished. The bed was luxuriant. The AC system worked nicely as did the large telly.
The location is really excellent. Our balcony looked over the main strip in melville. Its not right next to the bars, but it is on the same street, an you can chill with a drink looking out as the sun sets. Its then a very short walk to any of the vibrant bars in the area. You're always walking in the light for this hotel, so its secure.
We didnt make use of the kitchenette, there's so many options to eat out around melville, but it looked good and you could easily cook up a meal there.
The staff were friendly an helpful. The parking was secure too.
Breakfast at Cafe de la creme was tasty enough too.
We'd happily stay here again.

Room Tip: We chose the more expensive option, of the top floor apartment. It was worth it to have a balcony looking over a lot of the melville night scene, and to feel a bit more secluded from other rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andre H
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We travel a lot and this is one of the best furnished guesthouses we stayed in. Everything you need is there.
Very friendly and helpfull staff that made us feel at home.
This is a highly recommended guest house.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I'm only telling you about this place because I'm unlikely to come back to Johannesburg for some time. If I was coming back I would be keeping quiet. It's awesome. A fantastic fitted kitchen, modern clean bathroom, fantastic enormous bed - see picture - modern wardrobes, desk, lounge area with satellite TV, sofas, table & chairs, balcony, etc etc etc. Everything you need & more. Modern furnishings in superb condition. So good you're a bit scared to use them! Its warm in the cold Jo'berg July too. Breakfast is included in the price which you take over the road at the Bakery which is fantastic too.

It's totally quiet at night too.

I booked into Space Guest House, but as rooms were available in 12 stars, the wonderful receptionist Ruby gave me this great surprise at Space prices. So Space is R650 & this is R1200. Next time I'd pay the higher amount though, it's so worth it.

Melville is safe and lively, the Guest House is the best I've stayed in - and I travel a lot. Take my advice - book it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Toffeeman1878
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Okay, the check-in process can be disconcerting, you have to go to another guesthouse to get the keys for your apartment, and then you have to park your card in another yard, then walk (short-distance, I must add) to your apartment, so if you are tired, you will be unimpressed. That is before you walk into the foyer of this magnificent building. Every detail to make you feel at home has been thought of, the kitchen is amazing, the finishings are definitely top-notch, the bed, the bed, what more can i say about the bed, it is just the right size, then you have a lounge area with a television set, no TV in the bedroom!! I have decided this is where I will spend most of my time in Jo'burg! 7th Street in Melville is well known for the culture and buzz, and to be in an apartment where you can watch this life happening below, is pretty awesome!! If you dont mind the minor convenience with the keys and the car park, then this is the spot for you! If you arrive late, the guy waiting for you with the keys will make you smile, so its all good!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business