Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank
CrownePlaza.com
US$96
US$76
Agoda.com
Motel Mi Pi CHi(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$61
Hotwire.com
The Reef Hotel(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$38
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgautrain stationshopping mallpriced hoteloxford roadegg stationbusiness tripdesk staffper dayan ironsmall gymdirect accessafrican craft marketkruger national parkshops and restaurantslocation is greatdecent sizetambo airport
Reviewed 9 April 2018

This was a very good place to stay in Johannesburg. It was located in a fairly newly developed area of Rosebank. Quite central to all the places we were visiting for business all over Johannesburg. On top of this, traffic was fairly alright around Rosebank even at peak hours.

The hotel was located in a commercial complex. Plenty of shops and good restaurants around. Next to it was the Hyatt. The hotel was directly linked to the complex and therefore there was no need to venture 'outside'.

Rooms were clean, well kept and comfortable. Breakfast was good, except that there was no Asian fare. So it maybe a bit tough on Asian stomach if you were on a long stay. We stayed there for 6 nights.

However, I gave it a 3 stars because of 2 things.
Firstly, for some reason, there was no shower screen nor door in the shower cubicle. When bathing, the water would just flow out into the bathroom floor, making it wet and uncomfortable to say the least. The management seemed to be oblivious to this.

Secondly, the staff were all courteous and helpful. However, during check-out, we had to wait for 40 minutes before we could settle the bill, not because of long queue. But because the staff was too friendly and had a long chat with the guest in front of me, not realising that the person behind had been waiting for a long time. Then, he (I think he was just a trainee) could not figure out how to print our invoice with our company name. The problem was only solved when a senior member realised it and came over to help.

Overall, I would still recommend this place to people visiting Johannesburg as it is really a good place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Narahda,

Thank you for the write-up and for making as a part of your trip here in Johannesburg. It made me smile that our location perfectly suited your needs, our rooms clean and comfortable, and to let you experience our great smiles and warm hospitality. The bathroom set-up and the untimely service during check-out, however, has posted setbacks in making your experience better. We endeavor to make sure our guests are satisfied with everything we provide. I recognize your insights and I'm sorry for the inconvenience these caused.

Just like a home, we continuously develop and improve to make your experience truly memorable. We use your feedback to inspire us to do and serve you better. This surely won't be left unnoticed as I have shared your feedback with our management team to work on these things that went wrong. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. This surely means a lot and nothing makes it more fulfilling but to be at your service once again.

Best regards,

Frank A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 April 2018

My wife and I stayed here for 1 night passing through on our way to our Safari. It was nice and clean. Very safe and is backed onto a mall which has a large variety of food and shopping. Great food and drink selection.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Don J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Dear MickeyD82,

Thanks for your great comments - my team and I are very happy to hear that your stay was a memorable one!

We look forward to seeing you back in our hotel one day soon.

Kind regards
Don Jesseman

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I was on a business trip to ZA(johannesburg) for 2 weeks and I choose the Holiday inn for my Stay.
The Hotel is good, big rooms, TV with some channels and the breakfast is good with a lot of variety.
The real gold of the hotel is the localization(rosebank) where we have direct access to the mall and to several others shops/restaurants in the street(the Zone) and is a very safe area.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night on our adventure. The hotel is well placed with lots of places to eat close by. Room was very clean and large with a good bathroom. Staff were friendly and helpful. We chose to eat in the Velvet Restaurant in the hotel my wife had the Chicken with Mushroom Risotto and I had the Sirloin both with tasty well flavoured the waiter service was excellent

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

It is currently 9.25pm and we have a 5am start tomorrow (we have an 8/9hr drive ahead as a group of 16 of us head to Botswana). We are staying on the 8th floor and the music from the nearby area ‘The Zone’ is ridiculously loud. I mean to the point where it sounds like it’s playing directly in our room. We cannot sleep!

I would not recommend staying here on a Friday night unless you’re ok with a late night. If it’s sleep you want, you won’t get it. I’m not sure what it’s like any other night of the week, presumably not so bad (although I suspect Saturdays are the same).

While the music isn’t the hotel’s fault per se, they could not tell us when it will stop or offer a soundproof room. The hotel needs to seriously upgrade its window glazing etc.

Other than that it’s fine. Good area, safe, modern, had a decent lunch at the restaurant, and good access to the mall. But if it’s sleep you want - which is what you are really paying for - look elsewhere!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Don J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Dear taranakituturu,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the noise you experienced. Please be assured that the event was not communicated to us and we have been assured that it will not take place at all in the future. The hotel area of the mall does not allow such noisy activities, so it was truly a once off!
I thank you for the positive comments on our hotel and the area.
We hope to welcome you back soon so that you may experience the true comfort of our hotel.

Sincerely