“Great view, food was meh...”
Review of Let's Meat - CLOSED

Let's Meat
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

Loved the view of Lone Hill from this restaurant, but my food was not so great. I ordered the steak sandwich. It looked nice, but the steak required being cut with a knife. Four of us ordered the same thing. Two had very tender steak they said but the other two had tough, chewy meat. And the sauce was not so great either. So here you have a mixed review. Two people enjoyed their meal and the other two, not so much.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Loved coming here. Great place to do some work and meet friends. I have notice a huge staff turn over. That can only mean one thing. Nobody is trained so they leave after a few weeks. Pub menu is no longer and when you do order something from the main menu, one has to take a double take to what they charge and what they deliver. I've seen more meat on a dead carcass than on the Reuben's Panini. The guy's behind the pub pour short pints thinking that the customer won't notice. Then they connect up the wrong craft beer to the wrong tap and say that's what it is. (I must be wrong). Sadly I will have to think hard to come back.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

We ordered 4 meals; pizza, potjie, pork belly and a steak. The steak was actually very nice but that is the only good thing about the food we ordered. The Pizza was average, the potjie was cooked days in advanced and reheated via the microwave and the pork belly was inedible. We sent the pork belly back as it must have been cooked many days in advance; it was tough and the crackling was soggy. After complaining about the food to the waiter and having the pork belly removed from our bill, the manager didn't even come to our table to ask what was wrong. We won't be back.

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

We had 1 hour while the car was valeted. The restuarant looked open as one table in a large area had a patron. The whole of the dining area looked very run down, tables in dowdy pine, damaged and chipped, chair upholstery thread bare and falling apart. With this look, I worry about overall hygiene. Service was very slow despite lack of patrons. I ordered a steak without basting - normally too sweet for me. My wife ordered Calamari. Quick and simple one would think. 25 minutes later the duty Manager came to apologize for the delay - apparently only 1 Chef on duty! He checked our order and told me there was a Cajun rub as an an option. I agreed. On the bright side, the food was well cooked and tasted as expected. Nothing fantastic but adequate.
They need to upgrade the upstairs area or close it and concentrate on the Pizzaria downstairs.

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

Antonnio's has it all - great location, nice vibe, great play area and a nice place for the family to hang out.

But the service is terrible. Slow and frustrating.

Staff don't make eye contact so we battled to get anyone's attention. The food took ages to come out of the kitchen, and it was cold when it arrived. We ordered spaghetti bolognese for our toddler which was cold. We then ordered a sausage starter as a replacement and that took longer than 30 minutes. While we waited, and in order to distract her, we asked for crayons. We're still waiting for the crayons.

Eventually we threatened to leave because our daughter was getting grumpy and hungry. The food magically arrived, but only two of the 3 meals. So we still had to wait.

My wife wanted her curry to be extra spicy. So the waitress brought a side order of chillies, but only half way through the meal. And she charged us for a double portion of chillies.

All in all, a disappointing outing, saved only by the fact that there was a play area. We won't return.