First and foremost, everyone was very hospitable and accommodating. Rutland house is situated in a nice, safe, quiet neighborhood. However, there isn't a whole lot within walking distance so you'll need to plan to either have a car or call cabs/Uber if you want to venture out.
Our room was right off the driveway and was relatively basic. It was comfortable enough, clean, and had a lot of space. However, it wasn't modern or updated and was really cold.
Sara and Greta were very nice and made us lovely breakfasts each morning. The owner was actually away on holiday during our stay but her friend Colleen ensured we had everything we needed and were comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delia Ferguson has been extending a warm welcome to her guests since 1995. Rutland House is centrally situated in a lush half acre garden between Sandton, Rosebank, Hyde Park and Randburg. All the suites and cottages are set away from the main house, each with it's own private patio or garden. The 2 bedroom cottage is ideal for families or long stays. The one bedroom cottage is perfect for the business traveller on a contract. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Rutland House Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rutland House Hotel Johannesburg
- Rutland House Bed And Breakfast