“Great for summer outdoor dining”
Review of Craft Restaurant

Craft Restaurant
Ranked #63 of 1,315 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Craft serves you a meal in a place that evokes your sense of warmth, comfort, happiness, familiarity and belonging. Craft by people for people.
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Great venue for outdoor eating, especially in summer. Vibey, great atmosphere. food is good, service is good, pricing is fair. Highly recommended for a casual meal.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had the displeasure of “dining” in the above establishment this evening - this being based upon it literally being the only restaurant open in Parkhurst after 8pm on a Sunday night. My wife ordered a “Less Bread Beef” burger, I ordered something known as a “Black Been Burger”, along with two glasses of Sauvignon Blanc. We were both so hungry (and tired, wishing to have a quick meal) that we neither queried what wine it was likely to be, nor sent it back when the glasses arrived slightly warm having clearly directly exited a dishwasher prior to bring brought to the table. We should have queried (and returned) the nameless wine, it was so tepid and unpleasant that we barely touched it. When the food (finally) arrived, my wife’s burger was ice cold, the potato wedges a congealed looking mess. This was returned immediately. My “bean” burger was only just acceptably warm, whilst my sweet potato chips were a similar gravy laden soggy excuse for who knows what? The appearance of the above, exacerbated by the ‘patty’ falling apart as soon as I attempted cutting it, was matched only by the utterly bland bordering on unpleasant taste. My wife’s burger was returned to her, again with the same soggy chips as above, this time it was hot due to having being so overlooked, despite her having requested a medium burger. The waitress was trying her best, however the kitchen and front house management were not doing anything g to make her life any easier; for that reason I called the overly obsequious manager who claimed to be totally unawares of our unhappiness with the meal - despite there only being a few occupied tables in what is a small restaurant - and then promptly proceeded to blame our waitress and the kitchen. However he “promised us” (his words) that he’d “make it up to us” (still his words). On calling for the tab we were presented (unannounced) with two undrinkable over heated cappuccinos; with the bill following almost immediately,. To our surprise by not amazement we were charged full menu rates with not even do much as an offer of a drink or comping the wine or similar based upon the above experience. Upon having his less than admirable service levels pointed out to him, he again had the temerity to blame the waiter - and then in amongst his groveling apologies offered us breakfast for the next day. Really, both he and the restaurant are what gives Joburg eateries a poor reputation. I certainly would not ever step into this establishment again. And even less so have any inclination to recommend it.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

This restaurant was awesome on every level. Decor was handsome old Europe, lot's of leather .... , vibe was great, packed and buzzing.....service was great too.

We had the seafood platter for two which was great and more than enough. On our platter were two items that stood out and I'll definitely have again,. One was the mussels in a creamy garlic sauce & the other was stuffed calamari.

A family came in after us just for desert and not only were the portions abundant, their waffles looked absolutely fantastic.....something to try in the future for sure.

There were too many items on the menu that I wanted, deciding which was the hardest part of this experience.

Well done, I'll be back.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

THAT PINK GIN - IN SUPPORT OF THE BRA RUSH -- AMAZING!

the brunch was mouthwatering and thank you to the manager and staff for the birthday dessert!

the baby seat however is not so awesome - the little one kept rotating herself in the chair - please look into another design

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Great food, excellent service, and great vibe! Unique! The 'Less the bread beef burger' was extremely tasty, truly unique and filling!! The vanilla milkshake was an extreme treat!! These were no ordinary burger and milkshake combo- wow! We will be back and back and...!! Our waitress and the manager were super-attentive all the way through- none of that post main course total service decline that one often experiences. And all this on a Sunday evening... Awesome!!!