“Warm and spicy!”

Taste of Punjab
Ranked #225 of 1,358 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

I really enjoy my curries and thus they must be up to scratch. I can assure you that these curries are good. The flavours were not overpowering (although I personally would like my pallet to explode with flavour). We enjoyed lamb tikka masala and a chicken dish with the staple naan bread. The medium heat is a good choice as it does not deaden you taste buds. The portions are good and a full portion will satisfy a hungry patron. Half portions on most dishes are also available. They also do take aways if you are not in the mood to go out.

All round a good evening! If you are in the area and want a curry head down to Taste of Punjab!

Reviewed 31 March 2016

This restaurant is a hidden jewel! Excellent service, exceptional dishes and beautiful setting. The staff were friendly and helpful and the food was absolutely divine.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

More and more Indian folk are moving into the Greenside/Parktown/Emmerentia area and it seems that Taste of Punjab suits them down to the ground! always several tables of Indian folk/families enjoying the range of dishes and that is a great recommendation for the non-experts.
we have been twice now and really enjoyed the food and ambiance on each occasion. the service is top notch and the food simply delicious.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

Exhausted and finished with a weekend of wedding partying I decided to order way too much curry to fill me up and put me to sleep! Taste of Punjab obliged by creating me some awesome takeaways and I walked the 1 minute to collect them. Tasty, spicy, affordable. YAY!

Reviewed 14 December 2015

The food at Taste of Punjab was really good.
A beautiful setting.Very clean and neat with lovely décor with a lovely ambience.
The waiter and there was a younger guy who must have been the manager was incredibly humble and pleasantly welcoming, would suggest great dishes if you're confused.I had a stuffed mushroom starter and the paneer dishes were great. There was a blackforest, cherry desert which was yummy!!
The prices were really reasonable and was great that I didn't have to pay a fortune for such a good meal. The place was recommended by the people and staff at the guesthouse. Excellent place to dine and probably the only restaurant open after 7 on a monday if your'e looking for something to eat on a monday. Seemed to have a lot of patrons.