Blue Mango Lodge
US$80
US$160
US$135
Priceline
All reviewshome away from homeinformation deskmissed my flightgreat hostsother guestsclose to the airporta wonderful stayfree airporttambo airportan oasissouth africaconnecting flightnext morningminutes from the airportstayed for one nighten routeinternational airport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Arriving in Johannesburg airport in times past has always been a stressful experience. Tracking in my own with two small children only increased my stress levels. After finding and booking the blue mango for an overnight stay I was so relieved to find the driver of the shuttle to the lodge waiting to take us to our much needed place
If safety. We arrived around supper time and dinner was offered after freshening up. The chef has a great variety of dishes to choose from and the meals were served promptly. The room was very clean and large enough for us to be comfortable. The bed was so comfortable I didn’t want to get up in the morning. The girls loved the large playground and the late check out and return shuttle to the airport was a breeze.
I would recommend you try the blue mango if you need a place to stay for a day or two. Oh by the way breakfast was amazing.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place is magical! We loved it. It is a little slice of heaven close to the airport. The hosts, Stevie and Daisy were very informative and welcoming. The place is very large so you can walk around. Our room was comfortable and had extra outlets, etc. Very clean. The food was excellent. My steak was better than "Tribes." They had homemade Mango ice cream. The bar was very cool and Stevie makes a mean Sundowner (gin and tonic)! What you would think on an old plantation or estate. The hosts arranged a tour and gave us great ideas. They also had tons of books and resources. This is a very safe place. An added benefit, Daisy is a fashion designer and I splurged on some pretty awesome "threads"! Great place. Also can be used for large functions like weddings!

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Steve pick us (family of 4) from the air port, on a very rainy day.
He was incredibly nice.
We had a very nice and cozy room for the 4 of us.
There is an “honest bar” which we used and dinner at the evening was excellent!
Thank you for your great hospitality!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2018

I looked for a 6 and found it not. But that was my experience. Simply FANTASTIC in every way!! A delicious hot dinner, a very comfortable night's sleep, a relaxing breakfast and I'm on my way. Steve is an exceptional and genuine host! (Thanks again so much, Steve!)

Room Tip: I forget the name of my room, but check out the exterior entrance view - the interior was equally pleasing, and beautiful! Ask for it!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2018

It feels really outside even so close to airport and big city. Beautiful garden and nice room. We got picked up from the airport by Stevie, the owner. He also took us to the Gautrain, from which you can safely travel to downtown. We really felt at home and i can recommend to stay at the Blue Mango lodge if you want to visit Joburg or if you have to make a stopover.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple